The Team: The Global Infrastructure Practice was established by S&P Global to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong growth and to leverage our significant global infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure asset classes. Analytical team members reside in 16 locations globally and work on a diverse range of transactions globally applying different ratings criteria, predominantly project finance and public-private partnerships or P3s. We also work on transactions in partnership with other practices on a regular basis. Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued.
The Impact: The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. You will analyze original, often bespoke and complex situations in a timely, orderly and insightful manner. Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of industry trends and issues is important.
What’s in it for you: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing, global analytical team, covering a sector undergoing important changes and with good potential for professional development. You will act in an analytical position covering a portfolio of predominately project financings, including public-private partnership. As a primary analyst for project finance credits in the infrastructure sector, you will not only perform financial analysis and publish credit reports and research, but you will also be involved in outreach to the investment community that is focused on infrastructure lending.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of project finance transactions, including performing at least annual reviews
- Attend meetings and interact with bankers, equity sponsors, and lenders involved in new rating transactions
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Contribute to regional and global analytical work groups to maintain and enhance our analytical industry expertise, especially in the area of toll roads, availability public private partnerships, power, and social accommodation projects
- Prepare a variety of materials suitable for publication (rating reports, press releases) to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Prepare commentaries/ papers on areas of expertise for publication
- Share knowledge/ participate in initiatives to improve group operations (through sharing analytical expertise, coaching to more junior staff, project work)
- Cooperate with non-analytical staff to ensure that the process dimension of the analytical process is properly executed
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients
- Understand and implement S&P’s policies and procedures
What We’re Looking For:
- MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics and/or CFA preferred
- Experience (3+ years) within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, or an audit company working in a field related to credit analysis for multinational corporations a plus
- Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical capability including work on financial modeling and forecasting
- Good time management skills
- Able to multi-task and meet projects with a tight time frame
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice