S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Lead Quality Engineer
The Location: Hyderabad
The team works in Agile environment and adhere to all basic principles of Agile. As a Quality Engineer, you will work with a team of intelligent, ambitious and hard-working software professionals. The team is independent in driving all decisions and responsible for the architecture, design and development of our products with high quality.
- Achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- ETL Testing from various feeds on server (Oracle, SQL server) using different testing strategy to ensure the data quality and data consistency, timeliness
- Build automation scripts/framework for improvement of QA effort during testing.
- Achieve the above intelligently and economically using QA best practices
What’s in it for you:
Be the part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contributing to Company’s strategy. Drive the testing initiatives including supporting Automation strategy. This is the place to enhance your Testing skills while adding value to the business. As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillset.
Defining Quality Metrics:
- Defining quality standards and metrics for the current project/product.
- Working with all stake holders to ensure that the quality metrics is reviewed, closed and agreed upon.
- Make the QA team aware of the Quality matrix and resolve all the queries.
- Create a list of milestones and checkpoints and set measureable criteria’s to check the quality on timely basis.
Defining Testing Strategies:
- Defining processes for test plan and several phases of testing cycle.
- Planning and scheduling several milestones and tasks like alpha and beta testing.
- Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Work closely on the deadlines of the project
- Ensure the team is focusing on automation along with manual testing.
- Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
- Set processes for test plan reviews and ensure that that test plans get reviewed by all stakeholders.
- Push team continuously to innovate.
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance etc. are getting covered.
- Set Quality standards for the teams in various new testing technologies in the industry. This may include finding new strategies for automation testing and day to day work processes like agile and scrum.
- Assign various tasks to the engineers as per strength of individual.
- Motivating team and taking informative quick decisions.
- Coordinate activities which enforce quality improvements
- Resolving conflicts among team members.
- Maintaining cordial relationships between cross functional teams like development, configuration management, program management, product managers etc.
- Negotiating with upper management with influential skills to buy in the ideas.
- Ensure that the highly motivated environment is creating in the team.
- Ensure that Rewards are given for each achievement in the team.
- Mentoring and participating in Hiring Process.
- Understanding and defining areas to calculate the overall risk to the project.
- Creating strategies to mitigate those risks and take necessary measures to control the risks.
- Awareness to all the stake holders for the various risks
- Create backup plans for all the testing strategies.
- Understand & review the current risks and motivate team to resolve the same.
- Ensure that the several testing and validation processes are improved continuously.
- Motivate team to improve the efficiency so that the time saved can be used in different work areas.
- Challenge the team continuously to move towards automation for all daily works
- Create milestones for yearly improvement projects and set deadlines for the team to complete them.
- Work with the development team to ensure that the quality engineers get apt support like automation hooks or debug builds where ever and whenever possible.
- Ensure several quality improvement tools like code coverage, memory leaks are part of the development cycle, in case of conflicts resolve via upper management.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's/PG degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of strong experience in QA or application development
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, QA methodologies, defect management system, and documentation.
- Good at setting Quality standards for the teams in various new testing technologies in the industry. This may include finding new strategies for automation testing and day to day work processes like agile and scrum
- Strong at setting processes for test plan reviews and ensure that that test plans get reviewed by all stakeholders
- Good at defining the Test Strategy and Testing scope for the projects
- Must be able to identify how test teams align within an organization and how his team would achieve the roadmap identified for the project and the organization
- Excellent Analytical and communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies
- Good at interpersonal skills and Ability to work effectively while working as a Team lead as well as individually
- Good at identifying and defining areas to calculate the overall risk to the project and Creating strategies to mitigate those risks and take necessary measures to control the risks
- Strong at Problem Solving skills
- Must have strong skills in writing complex and automated SQL scripts
- Strong command of essential technologies: SQL scripting, PL/SQL,
- Strong command of any programmatic language
- Experience in automation, automation frameworks and automation delivery preferred.
- Mentoring and participating in Hiring Process
- Excellent Analytical and communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Strong in Database and ETL testing
- Strong Coding Skills – Any programmatic language
- Strong Leadership skills
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.