S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Industry Research Intern
The Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Team: The Industry Research group produces differentiated, sector-specific, proprietary content that covers the energy, financial institutions, metals & mining, technology, and media & communications (TMT) industries. With deep sector expertise and long track records, our analyst teams offer a variety of targeted products, while regularly engaging in thought leadership events around the world.
The Impact: In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to directly supply to our client-facing research offering by leading data collection efforts and assisting with data analysis for assigned projects. Past interns have successfully co-authored proprietary research reports published on the Market Intelligence platform.
What’s in it for you?
- Data research and collection: review sources and understand data processes in order to collect the most timely an accurate data available. Sources include internal databases, third party subscriptions and external public domain web sites.
- Assist in the refresh of a TV programming database, country profile summaries and other proprietary data sets
- Engage with sector-focused research analyst teams to understand project scope and resolve obstacles as they arise.
- Collaborate with research operations leadership to define weekly goals and objectives. Report out on progress and elevate challenges and shifts in priorities accordingly.
- Support the execution of various ad-hoc and process improvement initiatives by completing assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Training and development: participate in meaningful training sessions and complete all assigned training modules.
What We’re Looking For:
- Permanent work authorization for the United States
- Rising Junior (current sophomore) from an accredited university or college
- Preferred majors: finance, economics, management
- Fully matriculated students maintaining a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel desired; familiarity with PowerPoint and other Office products a plus
- Understanding of the information services business and experience with internet-based data research preferred
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.