Investment Management Product Specialist – Data Consultant
CHN - Beijing
The IM Data Consultant will be expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions specific to the quality, methodologies, and delivery of S&P Global Market Intelligence content.
This role drives revenue growth and client retention by working with Sales, Relationship Management, Product Management, and Product Operations to promote Market Intelligence’s data content and delivery business to the Investment Management segment.
The IM Data Consultant is a client-facing representative for S&P Global Market Intelligence. Their responsibilities include:
SALES PROCESS INVOLVEMENT
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client. Understand the commercial data pricing model and the client’s use of data to inform pricing
- Support existing Investment Management content and feed clients with a strong focus on renewal rate. Support consists of: responding attentively to client questions, helping clients get the most out of our data, and working with Sales and Relationship Management to drive usage and adoption of feed products across the Client organization
- Assist the trial process with a thorough understanding of the client’s workflow, and how Market Intelligence’s content and feed solutions (including ClariFI and various enterprise delivery platforms) may enhance that workflow
- Conduct product demos as needed and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect’s or client’s needs
- Help with SQL queries for Xpressfeed and/or ClariFI clients, and utilize other scripting languages (Python, R, Matlab, etc) to assist clients with data-related projects both pre and post-sale
- Act as a product specialist for the content and feed business by understanding the application of Market Intelligence content for complex buy side workflows, conducting training, troubleshooting problems, answering product questions, and working on proof-of-concept projects to ensure that the client has the tools that will make their content and feed experience a success
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors’ products and be able to articulate Market Intelligence’s relative capabilities
- Facilitate a positive experience for the client by bringing together the appropriate resources within Market Intelligence and the client’s organization.
- Master the use of data integration with proprietary software applications such as ClariFI and communicate to clients and prospects how to integrate, map, manipulate and export data. Advise clients on when to use various distribution methods including software and/or feed
- Act as a regional IM market feedback consolidation source for regional content and delivery enhancements. Work closely with Product Management to provide feedback and rank feed enhancement requests
- Provide product training to Sales, and document technical client interactions in Salesforce to share with the broader organization
- Implement a front office process in ClariFI and/or stat package that tests Market Intelligence content like our clients use it, and propose enhancements based on findings
- Learn and understand new datasets as they are deployed through the Xpressfeed loader, ClariFI, or other mechanism, and communicate the advantages of these datasets effectively to clients and prospects.
Backgrounds vary among IM Data Consultants, but a mixture of Finance and Technical skills are necessary. Successful candidates have experience and are comfortable working with relational databases using SQL. Market data specialists from the buy-side, technical and content experts at other market data vendors, and equity Portfolio Managers/Research Analysts are actively being sought for this role.
Qualifications included in a job posting would be similar to this:
- Thorough understanding of the equity investment process (with a focus on quantitative security analysis)
- Degree in a numerate discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent experience is required. CFA Charter holder/candidate or Masters in Financial Engineering (or related discipline) is a plus. A strong understanding of fundamental data is necessary
- Mastery of various scripting languages (Python, R, Matlab, etc) is a plus
- Familiarity with industry-leading financial data and delivery platforms. Knowledge of Compustat, ClariFI, or Capital IQ products (data, software, or feeds) is a plus
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is a requirement; other Asian or European language ability is highly sought after.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.