The Role: Director – Software Development
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: The team is responsible for the development and maintenance of core analytical products with multiple financial models that includes risk models and valuation models in the Equity & Fixed income space, Credit Models, Aggregates for Index benchmark. This role includes design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of product features, including collaboration with other development teams, product designers, and QA.
The Impact: We are a Fortune 500 company and recognized industry-leading provider of data and analytics; as such, we provide an unusually rich environment for technology advancement and cutting edge solutions.
What’s in it for you:
- Mentor and develop a skilled team while shaping the future of our products.
- Build the next generation of Risk Management, Investment Management applications featuring advanced time-series computations, simulations, and interactive data visualization
- Expand experience with modern Functional Programming techniques and Big data technologies in the cloud
- Define the visions for quantitative finance, working with a highly-skilled set of product specialists
- Manage a small team of senior developers in the field of Big Data technology and financial model implementation.
- Hands-on contributor as a seasoned technologist for entire software development lifecycle.
- Ability to coach and nurture talent
- Work collaboratively with business partners to understand and clarify requirements.
- Design and develop industry-leading applications.
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
What We’re Looking For::
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience; MS in Computer Science is desirable.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in software development overall, with expertise in Linux, distributed computing, Java, Relational Database, NoSQL technologies.
- Required technical skills: strong Core Java, Scala, Apache Spark , Akka
- Desirable technical skills: knowledge of math/statistical packages in Java, MATLAB, python, “R”, quantitative model implementation, Spring Cloud, Akka clustering.
- Strong understanding of system architecture, object-oriented design, and understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, Micro-services pattern, functional programing.
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile preferred).
- Experience working with high volume data and computationally intensive system.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web server, application server, distributed source control system, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool and defect management tool.
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets with good understanding of market and fundamental data.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.