The Role: Do you thrive in a dynamic environment, where the work changes daily? You are responsible for promoting and consultatively selling a portfolio of products to current and target customers. You will identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy collaboratively with sales members, client services, product management, operations, technology, and legal to optimize product and service delivery.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth. In doing so you will get help clients identify needs while providing solutions utilizing our products and tools.
The Career Opportunity: As a key player within the sales team, you will have the opportunity to work with major key clients. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as contribute to the growth of the business.
The Team / The Business: We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization. We reward hard work, dedication, and self starters. We believe that no one part is more valuable than the sum of the whole; we need everyone to achieve our goals.
- Identify new opportunities within the designated territory
- Establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations
- Stay current with industry news and issues to understand the potential impact to your current prospects for fine new opportunities.
- Coordinate and provide sales demonstrations
- Follow up to negotiate contract terms and pricing
- Maintain focused approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Secure the executed contract and coordinating the transition of new clients to the Relationship Management group.
- Develop industry specific knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
- Engage in team selling to strategic accounts in conjunction with Sales Executives in other industries or Relationship Managers in existing accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ideally 1-2 years of experience in a sales or a client facing role (outside sales, prospecting, sales support, customer support)
- An interest / understanding of the financial institutions industry
- Ambition, passion, drive and a hunger for sales
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.