The Role: HR Specialist
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Team: HR Services/HR Operations
The Impact: Reporting to Regional HR Services Lead, The HR Specialist role supports HR Services/HR Operations to respond to employee queries as submitted through Tiers 0 & 1. In addition to handling process escalations, the HR Specialist will identify potential process improvements, promote the effective utilization of HR self-service technologies, and resolve out-of-scope queries with internal stakeholders.
As part of the Global HR Services team, the Specialist will provide general process expertise and domain knowledge, driving a culture of continuous improvement & building effective internal & external relationships. The incumbent will build and maintain strong relationships with the HRIS & CoE System teams, occasionally receiving direction from the HRIS or CoE System leads. The individual will also receive day-to-day direction and guidance from the HR Service Center Lead.
In addition, the Specialist will address local HR operational activities, in line with government regulations and local policies.
What’s in it for you:
- We provide opportunities to work with people from other countries or cultures through daily tasks or projects at global level or regional level, and this also helps employees to deepen their knowledge or experience on relevant legal requirements or laws and regulations.
- We offer a wide selection of courses and trainings for personal development.
- We support employees to achieve a balance between work and personal life.
- Effective resolution of employee escalations for designated region within agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Transacting in HRIS & CoE Systems to resolve escalations within agreed SLA’s
- Escalating unresolved issues to Tier 2 stakeholders (HRIS &/or CoE teams)
- Support HR operational activities spanning employee lifecycle mainly onboarding, offboarding, benefits administration & HR records management.
- Day-to-day relationship and vendor management of third-party suppliers, evaluating performance against agreed SLA’s & escalating deviations to Line Manager
- Maintaining regional standards and standardization in alignment with Global HR processes
- Focusing on process improvement using LEAN and executing change projects
- Supporting Line Manager and/or HR team with additional activities and projects as warranted by business needs in line with global HR strategy
- Maintain awareness of country legal requirements, ensuring processes continue to meet business, legal and regulatory demands.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience in Human Resources
- Analytical and reporting capabilities (Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience navigating HR Data systems (Workday, PeopleFluent, Visier)
- Proven ability to apply project management, change management and process improvement skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Proven ability to apply discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Time management and organizational skills
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.