S&P Global is currently looking for a well-diversified and highly skilled individual to manage our downtown Toronto office and administration team. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role oversees and directs a broad spectrum of strategic initiatives, management responsibilities and functional tasks to ensure smooth operations and compliance. You will be required to engage and partner with various parts of the organization, including the technology, facilities, security and procurement teams.
The person in this position will have the opportunity to increase our ability to efficiently and effectively support our teams who serve our clients.
The Career Opportunity:
This role will work primarily with employees in Toronto and offers the opportunity to learn about S&P’s businesses, interact with global colleagues and partners, as well as facilitate best-in-class operations/facilities management. You will also have the opportunity to manage and develop our administration team.
The Team/The Business:
The Toronto Corporate support team has a strong collegial environment and friendly atmosphere; as Office Manager, a lot of the work is completed independently, but every activity requires co-operation and/or collaboration, teamwork is very important. The pace is fairly rapid, so if the thought of working on one initiative at a time sounds boring to you, you’d like this environment.
Our Hiring Manager says:
“We are looking for the kind of person who is accountable, organized and detailed. You will listen with empathy and be decisive when required. Relationships are important and you love to enhance the capability of your team in a nurturing way. You’ll love this job if you are a self-starter and can work with minimal direction.”
- Day-to-day facility management and projects are coordinated and accomplished in partnership with Brookfield Office Properties and the U.S. Regional Facility Manager.
- Manage an accomplished Administration team representing diverse business lines and their unique requirements. Daily communication, individual and team meetings, regular workflow assessments, mid-year and annual reviews contribute to an engaged, cohesive and high performing team. Recruitment, coaching and development are core accountabilities.
- Partner with Canadian Human Resources, the U.S. recruitment team and North American Business Line Managers for employee onboarding and off-boarding requirements. Oversee facilities and IT services ensuring timely outcomes of vendor responsibilities. Perform new employee orientations and follow-ups ensuring new hires have positive and successful experiences.
- Supervise external IT vendor relationship including; prioritizing onsite technician work and projects, initiating and overseeing escalations, hosting vendor calls to spearhead IT initiatives and resolving ongoing issues.
- Manage vendor relationships and procurement process for office and computer equipment. Collaborate with HR and Finance to forecast inventory requirements for upcoming business needs.
- Oversees company’s records management including; protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Act as the site administrator for the Emergency Response Plan. Lead quarterly meetings; implement ongoing training initiatives ensuring team awareness and comfort with processes.
- Chair the Joint Health & Safety committee; call quarterly meetings, facilitate employee training, update and maintain the Health & Safety plan and pursue ongoing initiatives to improve safety and awareness within the company.
- Chair Charitable and Social committees, call regular meetings, plan and execute engaging events to a broad employee demographic.
- Facilitate large-scale meetings and training initiatives for employees in partnership with Human Resources, Legal and the Compliance teams.
The candidate should possess critical thinking skills to problem solve independently to meet timelines and requirements. As well as being proficient with Outlook, Word, and Excel, the candidate is proactive in identifying and resolving issues before they occur. The candidate should have the aptitude to be a team player, but also to work independently. In addition, the candidate must have strong verbal communication and writing skills; excellent time management as well as have a natural ability to set priorities, stay organized, meet deadlines, multitask, and mentor, coach and develop others. The candidate is comfortable navigating in a global organization with matrix reporting relationships. Attention to detail will round out the candidate’s skillset.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an Office Manager role with direct reports preferred
- Experience in professional or financial services industry is highly preferred
- Strong technology exposure
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.