The Role: Compensation Analyst
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Impact: As a key contributor to the Finance – Sales Crediting & Commission team, you will assist in developing, administering and implementing our Incentive Plans. You will help develop and administer our global compensation programs, ensure data integrity, utilizing our CRM system, SFDC, and HR Information System, and Workday.
The Team: Our small team works together very closely in supporting the sales force by enhancing and delivering compensation solutions to assist in driving the company's sales. We reward hard work, dedication, and self starters. We believe that no one part is more valuable than the sum of the whole; we need everyone to achieve our goals.
What's in it for You?: This is a great opportunity for someone who has a desire to learn about incentive plan administration and grow and to develop as a compensation analyst.
- Assisting with validating, auditing and reporting the sales crediting transactions and ensure the measures are in place to appropriately provide actual performance results as they relate to the targets assigned.
- Ensuring measures and support documentation is in place for all other plan components where needed to calculate compensation. This will require proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Assisting with administering the global commission payments including calculating draw and commissions due related to the various incentive components.
- You will be thoroughly trained in the use of, and the implementation of the roll-out of this new commissioning tool, Xactly, and be a part of helping design and administer the new tool.
- Managing employee movement and related attributes resulting from transfers, promos, resignations and terminations, etc. Manage team hierarchies and structures.
- Close relationship with Sales Operations and all commercial employees to address data issues and questions around sales crediting, commission calculations and payments.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, or other Business related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in compensation, Finance, Sale Operations, HRIS or human resources
- Deep understanding of sales compensation plans to ensure payments are accurate, complete, and in compliance with Company Policy.
- Highly self-motivated, data-motivated person who is obsessively organized
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and adept at multi-tasking
- Ideally flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Solutions-focused and creative individual who is driven to make current processes or systems more effective and efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency with Excel, including advanced complex formulas.
- Experience with using the Microsoft Access database, Workday, Salesforce.com, CRM system. (preferred but not required)
- Experience utilizing the Xactly, commissioning tool. (preferred but not required)
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.