The Role: Leveraged Loan Analyst
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: Leveraged Commentary & Data (LCD) has more than three dozen journalists and analysts providing news and research on the leveraged finance markets to 80,000 plus subscribers worldwide. We are a leading information provider whose success hinges upon producing a premier data and research product.
The data content team is responsible for maintaining LCD’s databases, ensuring that not only is information entered in a timely fashion, but also with the utmost attention to accuracy and quality. Currently residing in NY and London – you will be pioneering our expansion into Charlottesville, VA.
The Impact: As an analyst, you will handle all aspects of data management, including the secondary market data behind LCD's loan indexes, the primary market data behind LCD’s market technicals and investor market data (BDCs, CLOs, etc.). Management of this data is a cornerstone to LCD’s unique content and maintaining our position in market.
What’s in it for you:
- Develop your analytical skills and research abilities
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards
- Learn from industry-leading analysts and experts
- Provide support to the analytical team by building & updating leveraged loan and high yield bond profiles in LCD’s proprietary database based upon bank books and prospectuses gathered from the market.
- Bring together information from market sources such as SEC filings, Ratings Direct, CapitalIQ, and update LCD’s related databases and analysis.
- Develop an understanding LCD’s production processes for its research reports and analysis.
- Support senior analysts and other group members for varied data collection processes and analysis.
- Build your knowledge of the basics of the leveraged finance markets including loans and high yield bonds. This includes the mechanics of the markets, syndication processes and documentation.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors’ degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail, particularly with regards to the ability to accurately handle data.
- Ability to be an independent self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and dedication to learn about financial markets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point. Access is a plus.
- Internship experience in finance, accounting, or related field
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.