The Role: Operations Specialist (S&P Global Ratings)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Team: Data & Operation team is a group of professionals who are experts on the credit ratings and ratings data. The team assists the analytical team and ensure the timely and accurate rating releases to the market every day. You will have an opportunity to learn a lot about the industry, credit ratings and the market trend not just domestically but also globally. You also have a chance to work closely with oversea colleagues all over the world.
The Impact: We’re one of the leading rating agencies in the world and you will be working with the industry’s influential analysts and handling the ratings actions that have market impacts.
What’s in it for you: There are numerous opportunities for you to further progress your career at S&P Global Ratings. There will be continued development and growth within the team. Future opportunities could be within Data Management & Operations, Analytical, Reporting, Compliance or Product team globally.
- Publish press releases to various channels via the publishing tool without delay or error.
- Format Media Releases using HTML code, tagging them to appropriate clients, sectors and industries and publishing them in a timely manner.
- Check the quality of published reports on all channels and make corrections accordingly.
- Post, replace, add, delete and modify published articles in a timely manner.
- Web related support: Provide web related support such as posting the contents including press releases, presentation of credit ratings, upon request from the related business units, and provide assistance as an SME on web-redesign project.
Criteria Librarian Tasks
- Update Criteria database on internal website to keep the contents up to date.
- Manage the accuracy of Criteria database contents and generate monthly reports in collaboration with the Criteria officer.
Data entry/Database management
- Data entry of the monthly vendor reports into monitoring database.
- Manage the accuracy of data entry made by offshore team.
What we’re Looking For: A professional who is self-motivated and a quick learner. We are seeking for an indivisual who can adopt changes quickly and is good at multi-tasking.
- Bachelor's Degree holder ideally in Finance, IT, Financial Engineering or related subject
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related data processing or operation work experience in the financial services industry
- Some knowledge of database (Oracle, Access, SQL, etc) and web contents/posting such as HTML/XML code
- Language: Japanese – Native, English – Business
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, fluid environment while performing multiple tasks and ensuring high quality, error free output
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global and multicultural environment
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.