S&P Global Platts
The Role: Software Developer
The Location: Hyderabad
Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our client facing applications and intranet applications using a variety of tools that are regularly updated as new technologies emerge. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
The work you do will be used every single day, it’s the essential code you’ll write that provides the data and analytics required for crucial, daily decisions in the capital and commodities markets.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
- Champion best practices and serve as a subject matter authority
- Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
- As a team-member should continuously improve the architecture
- Design, develop, maintain and support web based business applications in line with business requirements.
- Performing Application Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues
- Be accountable for the delivery of BAU activities involving the development and maintenance of existing business applications
- Apply technical skills to understand existing design, provide fix or improvement on current implementation
- Interface with database development team, infrastructure, web developers, and other teams as needed.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including coding, testing, debugging & documentation.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's /Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in application development using Microsoft Technologies.
- Good understanding of object-oriented design, SOLID principles, .NET framework, design patterns and Unit Testing frameworks.
- Command of essential technologies: C#, ADO.NET, Web API and SQL Server.
- Experience with developing solutions involving relational database technologies on SQL Server platform, stored procedure programming experience using Transact SQL.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
- Knowledge of .Net Core, Git, Swagger, Postgre Sql, Version one
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead and train
Platts is a premier source of benchmark price assessments and commodities intelligence. At Platts, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets.
Learn more at https://www.platts.com/
S&P Global includes Ratings, Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person