The Role: Financial Language Editor I (Chinese)
The Impact: Financial Language Editors are responsible for translating, analyzing and researching documents in order to capture relevant financial and nonfinancial information.
The Career Opportunity: The role will be an integral part of Capital IQ's research operations here in Manila, Philippines. The process will involve research, identification, and monitoring of relevant market-specific news publications needed to have a complete and timely coverage of the market
The Team / The Business: Financial Language Editor work closely with data collection teams to ensure data accuracy. Directly reports to Team Leader.
Skills: Proficiency in English and Chinese language (Mandarin) and knowledgeable with Cantonese and Fookien.
- The position requires language translation skills from Chinese to English.
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial subject matter, concepts and terms is preferred.
- The position involves maintaining Software Dictionaries utilized for Translation, Research of Company related information on the Internet and through contacting Companies, as well as Manual Translation of specific financial related material.
- The position requires highly motivated Team Players with great verbal and written Communication Skills.
- Applicant must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree (course taken related to Finance)
- Native Chinese/Mandarin speaker
- Strong oral communication Skill in English
- With at least 1 to 2 years work experience in Financial industry or have background in working with financial documents (Chinese and English)
- Fresh graduates are encourage to apply
- Working Knowledge of Computers and Desktop Applications (Microsoft XP, Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook).
- Pro-active, Highly-trainable Team Players.
- Ability to work in a Team as well as independently.
- Ability to Prioritize, Multi-task, and Deliver with regard to Work Deadlines.
- Positive attitude, Ability to interact with many levels and deal with issues in a Mature and Professional manner.