The Role: As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for driving revenue growth of the S&P Global Platts business across diverse segments in North America by developing new business.
The Impact: This position will drive growth for S&P Global Platts by sourcing new logo business across multiple segments in North America.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced sales professionals. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value teamwork and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
Your Skills: You have exceptional communication skills and are able to articulate ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner. You have in-depth knowledge of the commodities market industry and well-aware of what’s happening. You have strong personal integrity and work well in a team selling environment. Additionally, you are very good negotiator have a sound understanding of the sales cycle.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who would be able to contribute to the growth of the business in North America. If you’re right for this role, you are someone with a proven track record in consultative sales with success in closing new business. You’ll love this job because you’ll get to work in a dynamic environment and work closely with all the key players within the energy industry.”
- Lead the sale of S&P Global Platts products/services to diverse segments within (Country/Region).
- Identify and initiate new client relationships
- Develop and nurture deep and strong relationships with client organizations, addressing their needs, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop an exceptional understanding of, and stay current on, the S&P Global Platts products and functionality and their application to specific clients/job functions
- Produce accurate sales forecasting and keep an up-to-date pipeline, contacts and meeting notes in SalesForce CRM system
- Stay current on competitor offerings to identify the strengths and vulnerabilities of S&P Global Platts offerings in comparison
- Contribute to the business strategy through a deep understanding of industry requirements, market trends and client requirements
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects
- Work with sales specialists, other functions and channel partners where required to proactively address customer requirements
- Develop and maintain territory and account plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor degree in business, commerce or related subjects
- Relevant consultative sales experience
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong personal integrity and a confident, positive manner
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency
- Work effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment
- A proven and successful new business development record
- Motivated by growing business beyond where people think it can go
- Some travel required