The Role: As a News Writer, you will be responsible in gathering news and writing briefs about the companies in the Real Estate Industry.
The Location: You will be assigned in the Silver City 2 Office, Pasig City.
What's in it for you: You will have the opportunity to develop your writing skills, as well as gain industry knowledge in the real estate sector. Down the line, high performers may be given the responsibility of writing more and more complex stories and data-driven reports.
The Team / The Business: The role will have you working with a global team of News people. You will interact with colleagues in our News Desks from various locations like India, Pakistan, US, and UK.
Your Skills: Ideally, you should have a solid background in writing and have a keen eye for details. You must be able to work well under pressure and with a tight deadline. Knowledge of business news is a plus.
The Impact: You will be responsible in providing timely news updates for the Real Estate Industry. You will help the News team provide accurate and timely news to our clients with the essential intelligence they need to make the right business decisions and keep up them updated to what's happening within the industry.
- Vets news wires, newspapers, and company websites to gather and monitor information, and news articles about the Real Estate industry and the companies being covered.
- Writes news briefs based on newspaper stories, press releases and filings.
- May write other enterprise stories as assigned. Contribute to regular features, aggregating stories based on subject matter.
- Edit basic news stories as necessary
- Must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Journalism, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of news writing experience.
- Outstanding written communication skills required, including high-level grasp of English language grammar.
- Prior knowledge regarding the industry is preferred but not required.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong interest to pursue business/financial news writing.
- Must be amenable to work in Pasig, and during holidays and weekends.
- Willing to work for late night shift.