MARKETS, POLITICS AND ECONOMICS REPORTER III (LONDON)
The Role: We are seeking a flexible and ambitious financial journalist, with a sense for the interplay of global markets, economics and politics, who is able not only to jump on the world's biggest breaking stories to a tight deadline but also to produce well-researched and crafted analytical pieces illuminating key international trends. Areas of coverage would range from big cross-border mergers to Brexit negotiations, bond market upheaval, or the results of the French presidential elections
The Impact: This is an exciting position key to S&P Global Market Intelligence’s expansion of its financial news service, catering to more than 200,000 professional subscribers, so we need someone capable of perceptive reporting and data savvy writing.
The Career Opportunity: The successful candidate will write for our newly-established Global Markets team, which is intended to provide a showcase for our editorial output at a time when we seek to boost the visibility of our reporting and establish a known journalistic brand, so this will be a high-profile position.
The Team: The successful candidate will work closely with Global Markets editors and with our teams of journalists around the world. While native-level English and excellent writing skills are essential, another major European language would be an advantage, as would the ability to forge high-level contacts. S&P Global includes S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
* Write concise and insightful analysis and breaking news to variable deadlines, in close cooperation with the Top News editor.
* Must possess broad knowledge of finance, markets and world events.
* Must have a track record of financial journalism at a high level.
* Leverage S&P Global Market Intelligence data and other graphics to deliver valuable insight to
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including product developers.
* Fluency in English necessary. Knowledge of at least one other major European language is highly desirable.
*Candidates will need to provide samples of recent published work and pass a writing test.