The Location: London, Canary Wharf
The Role: Platts cFlow team are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join its team.
- Primarily Develop, test and implement changes for cFlow and/or cTrend
- Be able to work on UI-X and Mid-tier components as a full stack developer as needs arise in the team
- Produce table designs and changes to existing table designs
- Refactor SQL code to run quickly on very large (>2bn rows) SQL Server databases
- Integrate various systems and data sources into SQL Server
- Handle DBA-type requests (eg backup, file sizing, box sizing, monitoring) where required; although please note that this is not a DBA or operational role
- Build/install local sql server boxes if required (eg on laptops or workstations)
- Write ad hoc SQL queries for specific user requests, providing own analysis
- Mid Tier
- Work on API development
- Proactively assist in UI design
- Develop new UI-X features and enhance and maintain existing product portfolio.
- Analysis and design, working to standards and to project deadlines.
- Recommend solutions, built or purchased, to meet business needs.
- Integrate various systems and data sources into cFlow
- Fix bugs and handle change requests
- Provide much of their own technical (and ideally functional) analysis
- Manage their own workload
- Working with and assisting in managing automation frameworks to achieve "Continuous Build / Testing” objective and facilitate quality delivery, increased efficiency, and reduced costs.
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, quality assurance and developers on project-level test automation and help identify candidates for inclusion in test automation.
- Create data sets to be used in test automation activities.
- Enhance, extend and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks, contribute towards creating scalable robust automation frameworks.
- Implement reporting procedures to effectively track test coverage for automated tests
- Ensuring that automated tests are integrated and execute reliably in the CI/CD environments.
- Write clean, maintainable automation with maximum longevity
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or computer science or relevant experience.
- MS Transact SQL (4 years)
- C# / ASP.net / WebAPI (3 years)
- Experienced in all parts of the software development cycle.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git, TFS and SVN
- Experience in testing web services (REST, JSON, and SOAP).
- Experience with Continuous Integration - Jenkins preferably
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Good Team player and communication skills
- Experience in documenting complex technical issues
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple competing priorities
- Knowledge/Experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Good understanding of Google maps api (GMap v3)
- Micro-ORM frameworks - Dapper.net
- Dependency Injection frameworks – Autofac
- Experience with using JQuery libraries e.g. grids, charts etc
- Experience in mobile and website security testing
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server test management tools, Visual Studio Test Professional and Microsoft Test Manager
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com