The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI) is seeking a Director of Product Management to support the RatingsXpress (enterprise data feed) product management team. RatingsXpress is the flagship data distribution product for S&P Global Ratings’ credit ratings and other content. RatingsXpress is part of the Credit Solutions product suite, which also includes ratings research, historical ratings transitions as well as issuer default and bond recovery data. Credit Solutions is a business unit within SPGMI Risk Services.
The Director of Product Management will support the RatingsXpress product leadership in Product Management and Market Development functions, serving the following customer segments: Investment Management, Investment Banking, Insurance, Commercial Banking, and Non-Financial Corporates. The position will assist in business and commercial strategy development, analyses of client base and price optimization and evaluation of new client licensing opportunities with the commercial sales team.
The Location: New York, USA
The Impact: This position should help drive the business to implement products/platforms and programs to drive new sales and price increases. The position interacts with clients/prospects, engages with leadership and peers across Product, Commercial and Technology groups within SPGMI and the Ratings division.
What’s in it for you: This position provides the opportunity to play a highly involved strategic role across divisions and with key channel partners (redistributors). You will: (a) assess and size market opportunities and competitive landscape through market research; (b) support business planning activities including pricing, budgeting and new product ideas (c) review go-to-market activities in partnership with other cross functional teams.
Our Hiring Manager says: “Successful candidates will have financial market experience, an understanding of the use case for credit ratings and strong financial data analysis skills to build pricing frameworks and support the budgeting function. In addition, candidates should have a strategic mindset communicate effectively with stakeholders, work well in a team and have the ability to execute independently”.
What We’re Looking For:
- Solid product knowledge of credit ratings and their distribution to market participants.
- Understanding of commercial licensing of ratings intellectual property and value-based pricing concepts.
- Familiarity with channel partnership considerations and major redistribution market participants.
- Ability to guide junior members on data analysis, using advanced Excel functions and statistical add-ins.
- Ability to turn high level requirements into execution plan with actionable steps and guide junior members on execution.
- Knowledge of product development life-cycle and technical understanding of how the data feed product is delivered. Understanding of Lean and Agile processes and workflows.
Market Opportunity and Competitive Landscape:
- Identify market opportunities from customer needs e.g. current or upcoming securities market regulations.
- Develop, manage and maintain client outreach program to validate value proposition.
- Conduct win/loss analysis to determine price elasticity and strength of brand, in each customer segment.
- Perform detailed competitive analysis with respect to product/content capabilities, pricing, channel partnerships and support.
- Provide market-informed inputs into evolving the product pricing strategy. Ensure consistency in pricing approach, licensing provisions, contract terms and channel partner reporting obligations.
- Advise product leadership in evolving a standardized channel partnership strategy.
- Assist in annual budgeting by quantifying whitespace and applying price elasticity information.
- 10+ years in the financial services sector (either at a data/ research/ analytics vendor or at a Financial Institution).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or related subject required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrable, directly related product/ market development work experience.
- Deep analytical mindset, creative problem solving ability and understanding of either a quantitative or fundamental investment approach.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex investment concepts in simple terms.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (in particular advanced Excel, including statistical add-in packages & PowerPoint). Familiarity with major data, research and analytics platforms like Capital IQ, Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon, preferred. Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.