The Role: Business Continuity Manager
The Location: Gurgaon
The Team: The Business Continuity Management Team is responsible for the development and operation of S&P Global’s business continuity and disaster recovery program. The team works with business and support groups to identify recovery requirements, implement effective strategies for recovery and support the development of clear and concise recovery plans as well as their validation through aggressive testing.
The Impact: This role will interface with business and support partners to promote the development of effective deliverables that support the strategic recovery objectives of S&P Global.
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to help build an effective business continuity program for a dynamic, global company
- Exposure to multiple business and support areas as well as various levels of management
- An opportunity to perfect your skills within a team of experienced business continuity professionals
- Support BCM Program initiatives and provide coverage outside North America
- Function as primary contact for Business Continuity domain vendor assessments
Key Accountability (decision rights):
- Work with business partners to identify appropriate recovery strategies to meet recovery time objectives
- Perform 3rd party/Vendor continuity assessments and create of management action plans where appropriate to address deficiencies
- Respond to emergency events that involve recovery of business operations by assisting with team calls and assembling relevant information to support recovery through relocation of staff or transfer of business functions to alternate locations/teams
- Perform routine maintenance on various Business Continuity tools for planning and emergency notification
- Coordinate with business partners to implement standardized business continuity testing practices to include documentation of test/exercise objectives, scope, risks, and other elements of a pre-test plan, as well as standardized scripts and post-test/exercise results reports
- Record business continuity issues and risks and track for remediation
- Divisional business continuity and disaster recovery leads
- ASIAPAC and India country heads and/or site managers
- Various functional support areas
- Reporting to the head of Business Continuity Management
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal skills)
- 5+ years of experience related to Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work in a global team environment
- Ability to function under stressful situations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job related experience
- Certification from DRII, BCI or other organization
- 5+ years of experience within a financial services company or organization
- Experience working within a Risk Organization
- Highly developed project management skills
About Company (Global) & EEO Statements (NA Only): At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.