The Commercial Manager is responsible for seeking and building high level relationships through driving net sales and growth for core, large and/or complex contracts and delivering customer value by building a sound enterprise strategy and solution.
Consultative Sales and Negotiations
- Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process
- Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth
- Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations
- Growth achieved with full attention to retention of existing business
Increased Customer Engagement
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport with senior contacts across key divisions and regions
- Conducts high-level customer-facing presentations and new product development discussions
Strategy and Planning
- Develops and regularly updates comprehensive customer-centric account sales strategy/ plan that is established in collaboration with customer and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs and Platts’ strategy
- Leverages the knowledge built on clients and input provided from Client Development Managers, Business Development Analyst and key stakeholders from other functions
- Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that are business impacting
- Provides accurate forecasting
- Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customers’ explicit needs, advances and buying cycle status are captured in a timely manner.
- Degree with minimum 10 years of successful sales experience managing Key and Global accounts, preferably in commodity or financial information provider role
- A hunter cum farmer role that requires consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, possess high integrity and adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
- Proven leadership in managing multi-national global and/or strategic accounts, multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
- Proven success in doing business in South Korea or with Korean companies.
- Strong ability to converse, read and write in English. As second language, Korean business language is a plus.
- Broad understanding of the oil & energy industry including understanding the personas of front, mid and back office functions, as well as analysts is preferred
- Very strong planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize
- Competent with systems (Oracle, SalesForce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Frequent travelling required around the region