The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for seeking and building relationships through driving net sales and growth for identified customer accounts and delivering customer value by building and executing a sound account strategy and customer-centric solutions.
Consultative Sales and Negotiations
- Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of sales process
- Promotes and sells portfolio of products (existing and new) to current and target customers. Develops and consultatively sell appropriate product/service solutions, cultivates referrals, generate new opportunities, actively follow up on leads and drive a healthy pipeline
- Growth achieved with full attention to retention of existing clients
Increased Customer Engagement
- Establishes and maintain good relationships with existing and new clients; and optimize revenue prioritizing opportunities and engaging clients proactively
- Works on client proposals and presentations, as well as new product development discussions
Strategy and Planning
- Contribute to overall region’s sales and strategy component by executing assigned responsibility or activities to realize overall sales and strategic objectives for the region
- Leverage the knowledge built on clients and inputs from other functions to ensure alignment with client needs and Platts strategy
- Research for Account Planning and related customer/market intelligence
- Account-centric Benchmarking and Geographic Whitespace analysis
- Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments impacts business
- Accurate forecasting
- Regular and transparent plan updates
- Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, explicit needs, advances, customer analysis, buying cycle status are accurately and promptly captured in CRM
Establish product development needs
- Actively engages marketing activities such as customer round tables, forums, events, BETA tests and campaigns
- Activity drives back customer feedback for new product incubation and/or existing product enhancement.
- Degree with minimum 3 years of successful sales experience managing major or complex accounts, preferably in commodity or financial information provider role
- Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, possess high integrity and a hunter adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
- Excellent organization and communication skills both written and verbal. Must utilize strong phone, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment to engage effectively with clients and other functions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. With strong time management skill and results oriented.
- Proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations. Must be able to work independently, take initiative to resolve tasks with a can-do attitude and have a financial analytical mindset
- Proven leadership in managing multi-national global and/or strategic accounts, strong multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
- Proven success in doing business in Asia
- Highly proficient in systems (Oracle, SalesForce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel around the region occasionally