As Senior Director of Workplace Services Group Collaboration, you will provide leadership and direction to establish and execute transformation programs across all Workplace Service functions focused on Messaging, End User Content Management, Web/Audio/Video Conferencing, and Core Workplace Infrastructure services. By directly leading a team of senior engineers and analysts and by employing matrix leadership skills across a large set of application architecture and infrastructure engineering team members you will enable us to achieve innovation, productivity, risk management, and cost optimization goals. In this role you will utilize your expertise in organizational change management, business needs analysis, strategy development, community development, infrastructure and cloud architecture, legacy, current, and next gen technologies. By interacting across all lines of businesses and levels of the organization you will demonstrate exemplary communication and alignment building skills with CIOs, CTOs, CFOs, VPs, Directors, Functional Business Leaders and Engineers. By closely working with your peers in Global Technology and divisional IT groups you will ensure that workplace, infrastructure, application and cloud architecture strategies are closely integrated. Additionally, you will work closely with peers leading finance, sourcing, and operations towers and contribute to leadership and decision making for the Corporate IT organization.
- Ownership of the Group Collaboration services including email, calendaring, instant messaging, end user content management (enterprise file sync and share), web, audio, and video conferencing, and associated local and virtual platform and infrastructure configuration, standards, and management.
- Ownership of the Microsoft Office 365 tenant administration including licensing, platform configuration, contractual / financials, and overall service management of the platform.
- Ownership of standards-based in-room video conferencing and relationship with Real Estate Audio-Visual teams
- Drive successful delivery of currently executing Workplace projects and transition to operations
- Partner with business unit application architects and other business and IT stakeholders to define and maintain workplace services architecture blueprints (current and future state).
- Manage and guide a team of senior engineers and analysts. Provide excellent coaching and support development of resources. Establish and foster a high performance and high collaboration culture amongst team members.
- Provide innovative leadership to the entire organization to support following activities - research, analyze, and implement strategic workplace services capabilities. Deliverables include Position Papers, Reference Architectures, Evaluation Analysis, Business Case, and Implementation Roadmaps. Provide matrix leadership and guidance to infrastructure engineers and application teams to ensure that blue-prints and strategies are executed upon to realize promised benefits.
- Lead the workplace architects and engineers to contribute to the development and maintenance of Workplace standards, policies, and governance working closely with Infrastructure, Security and application teams.
- Lead communities of Interest with End Users, Branch Offices, Application Development, Infrastructure Engineering, and Outsourced Vendors to provide a climate of collaboration and partnership across the IT organization.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Workplace Services initiatives such as refresh and upgrade programs.
- Manage budgets for large programs.
- Develop and syndicate business, service, and technical strategy, roadmaps, and architectures, and continuously refresh them based on evolving business needs.
- Provide leadership for the corporate Workplace Services interactions with the business units around current and future services, technology, and process relative to business challenges.
This role is responsible for owning the following:
- Workplace Services Group Collaboration strategy and architecture
- Workplace Services Group Collaboration roadmap
- Workplace Services Group Collaboration capability initiatives from conception to realization
- Workplace Services Group Collaboration technology standards
- Solutions for Enterprise Cloud / Infrastructure Initiatives impacting the workplace
- Leadership decisions impacting SPGi Global Technology architecture
- Project review and approval process
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with a preference for an information based services group such as Financial Services, Business Information Management, Banking, Insurance, High Tech, or Media verticals.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the End User Computing and Collaboration discipline in Service, Solution, Cloud, and Infrastructure functions with leadership experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of staff management experience with large teams.
- High degree of familiarity, fluency, and experience with both legacy and modern technologies such Office365, Exchange, Lync, Skype, Office Online, Box, OneDrive, Standards-based Video Conferencing, Cisco Telepresence, Polycom,
- Previous experience with deployment of EUC technologies, both on-premises infrastructure and Cloud based technologies
- Previous experience to working in a multi-vendor sourcing environment
- Previous experience in IT service management and related frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, etc)
- Previous experience with leading large programs over $10M
- Previous leadership experience in an enterprise role serving more than one business division
- Previous experience in development and rollout of enterprise standards
- Broad understanding of all infrastructure disciplines including compute, storage, networking
- Deep understanding of the relationship between application design, infrastructure and workplace environments
- Experience in establishing IT standards based on industry best practices and implementing them across the enterprise
- Experienced in driving change across the organizational boundaries
- Experience in standing up new processes and supporting an environment of continuous improvement
- Exceptional negotiation and communications skills required
- Ability to execute at scale with high quality and a focus on the user experience
- Minimum four-year degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related degree program, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Business (MBA), Computer Science/Software Engineering or related degree program is a strong plus