The Role: As a Sr. Data Researcher, you’ll be responsible for supporting the collection and management of US Public Finance financial data used for analytical purposes. You’ll perform data querying, consolidation and analysis; thereby leveraging database skills to enhance existing processes, with the goal of augmenting the capabilities of our applications and the team as a whole. You’ll perform independent tasks for high volume transactions with detailed instructions and predefined procedures. In addition, you’ll ensure data is validated and error-free to present reports and findings to upper management.
The Impact: This role has a direct impact on our stakeholders. It serves as the backbone of S&P Global Ratings process. The role has high visibility within senior management, analytical and operational groups.
The Career Opportunity: An individual who excels at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams, providing opportunities for growth within the data or analytical side of the business.
The Team / The Business: Our team is supportive and collaborative. They work great at moving forward with the group’s mission and goals. A new member of this team will hit the ground running and collaborate with his/her team members immediately.
- Ability to analyze and solve moderately complex problems in operational processes and show creativity in problem solving e.g. taking a new perspective using existing solutions
- Strong influential, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize in high volume situations and escalate problems when necessary
- Ability to collaborate virtually with teammates in multiple office locations
- BS/BA degree required with 0-3 years of work experience
- Financial data knowledge, with direct experience within US Public Finance preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Familiarity with database architecture and ability to manipulate large data sets preferred
- VBA and SQL experience are a plus
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for someone with financial data experience combined with sound technical skills. A data master who is also a great problem solver. Someone interested in breaking down a process and rebuilding it with new value add features. The role is a great place to hone your skills and grow within a strong and collaborative team.”