S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Lead, Software Developer
The Location: Hyderabad, India
The team is responsible for building Analytics products in key strategic platform using emerging cloud-native technology tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
The work you do will be used every single day, it’s the essential code you’ll write that provides the data and analytics required for crucial, daily decisions in the capital and commodities markets.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
- Work as a technical lead with strong hands on development for entire software development lifecycle
- Ability to coach and develop talent in an agile environment to build high quality software
- Work collaboratively with product owners, technology partners to understand and clarify requirements
- Design and develop highly scalable industry-leading products
What We’re Looking For:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience; MS in Computer Science is desirable
• A minimum of 10 years in end-to-end experience in software development.
• Required technical skills: strong Core Java, Microservices, SQL , NoSQL (Cassandra preferred) and/or Relational Databases
• Desirable technical skills: Apache Spark, Hadoop, Scala, .Spring Cloud, .NET, C#
• A seasoned software engineer with strong understanding of system architecture, object-oriented design, distributed computing, micro-services building blocks, functional programming
• Experience working with high volume data.
• Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE (eclipse preferred), distributed source control system (Git preferred), unit-testing tool and defect management tool
• Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile preferred)
• Knowledgeable in working with building software in the Financial Industry and Capital Markets
• Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiency
Good communication and collaboration skills Ability to lead, train and mentor
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.