We are looking for bachelor or master graduate who is passionate about analytics and is willing to accept changes in the fast growing but ever changing environment.
You are responsible for conducting credit and recovery analysis related to a range of services provided to corporate, institutional and/or governmental clients. You will be part of a team that evaluates the overall credit worthiness of organizations and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit-based products as well as a variety of structured banking transactions. You will also support teams that evaluate collateral pools, credit risk, structural considerations, legal considerations, and the ability of securitization issuers to meet their obligations to pay timely interest and repay principal for a wide variety of structured finance asset types.
What’s in it for you:
You will attend a comprehensive training program in New York focusing on a variety of areas, including Accounting, Ratings Methodology, Risk & Compliance and Capital Markets. You will meet peers from around the world and build your global network from day one. You will continue with additional training throughout the remainder of the program. You will also be required to successfully complete required certifications exams during the program including CFA and pass a rigorous evaluation process.
You will be placed into one of our key Ratings teams: Corporates, Financial Services, Public Finance or Structured Finance and you will work in a structured learning environment. Upon successful completion of the program, the final placement will be based on your performance and the needs of the business.
- Demonstrates an understanding of rating principles and methodology; has a working knowledge of S&P Rating’s criteria and aids in researching criteria development needs.
- Contributes to the analysis of credit using S&P rating methodology and standards, financial models, financial data, and financial statement analysis, ultimately producing ratings recommendations.
- Responsible for performing variance analysis and interpretation of results.
- Identifying market trends, client developments and client’s financial projections.
- Coordinates with global & regional offices to ensure data is treated consistently across international borders and available to S&P's global network.
What We’re Looking For:
- You are a university student in your final year of study with strong academic standing within Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics or a related business/quantitative discipline
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- You have strong analytical skills and strong learning agility
- You have the ability to work in a deal-driven, collaborative work environment
- WAM of 70 or above is desirable