The Role: Senior Analyst
The Location: Gurgaon
The Team: S&P Global Market Intelligence Strategy & Corporate Development Team is responsible for evaluating and executing M&A opportunities and driving MI’s competitive intelligence process, growth strategy and planning initiatives.
The Impact: The Senior Analyst will be producing widely-followed deliverable that inform MI’s growth strategy and help senior management track competitive activities. The position also provides an opportunity to be directly involved in the organization’s inorganic growth/portfolio rationalization initiatives
What’s in it for you:
- Build an in-depth understanding of client needs, competitive positioning, current market trends, new developments and technologies
- Be directly involved with MI’s organic/inorganic growth initiatives
- Highly visible role with an opportunity to work closely with the senior management team
- Opportunity to grow professionally as part of a truly global team
- Support the team in meeting its objectives of providing valuable information and strategic insights that senior executives, business unit leads, products teams, and sales and client development teams can use to make strategic and investment decisions and accelerate revenue and margin growth
- Support MI’s competitive intelligence process, which includes preparing earnings reports for competitors leveraging earnings press releases and analyst call transcripts, synthesizing complex industry and competitive trends, etc.
- Create company profiles, deep dives and other M&A related research to inform the investment decision making process
- Review inbound presentations from potential acquisition targets to examine business and financial performance
- Collaborate with stakeholders to maintain and update MI’s acquisition pipeline
- Help prepare high-impact materials for board and senior management meetings
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of work experience in financial information/services industry
- Ability to research company and business unit financial and strategic performance, including identifying relevant business drivers, interpreting news and other data points related to these drivers, assessing relative operating performance vs. peers, understanding and outlining a company's strategy, recognizing relevant and important information from non-relevant and unimportant data points
- Effective written & verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- High degree of initiative and ability to manage simultaneous projects
- Sense of urgency & an ability to deliver results with short lead-times
About Company (Global) & EEO Statements (NA Only):
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.