The Role: Our Data Science Team is Expanding!
We are looking for Data Scientists at all levels. Apply today to be considered for:
Data Scientist - You have a strong academic background and 1+ years of experience in Data Science or a related field.
Senior Data Scientist - You have spent 3+ years working as a Data Scientist and have knowledge of many Data Science concepts. You are able to work independently on projects and interact with the business to champion data science techniques.
Lead Data Scientist – You bring 5+ years of Data Science experience and a mastery of concepts. You are able to train/mentor junior Data Scientists and may have managed or lead a team. You are able to communicate with senior level business leaders with confidence.
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA
The Data Science team is tasked with transforming S&P Global Market Intelligence’s products and operations using machine learning and related data science techniques. We partner with business leaders to find new opportunities, implement solutions with the latest data science tools and technologies, and partner with engineering teams to deploy solutions into production software systems.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of data science projects that deliver creative, data-driven insights and novel data products that take on high-impact business problems for both the company’s customers and internal partners.
What’s in it for you:
We are a Fortune 500 company and recognized industry-leading provider of data and analytics; as such, we provide an unusually rich environment for data scientists to make an impact and grow personally and professionally. In addition to applying data science, you will have an opportunity to help establish the strategies and methodologies for a growing data science team.
- Design, execute and deploy projects aimed at solving high-impact business problems using machine learning, natural language processing, and related data science techniques
- Play a central role in all stages of the data science project life cycle, including (1) identification of suitable data science project opportunities, (2) partnering with business leaders, domain experts, and end-users to gain business understanding, data understanding, and collect requirements, (3) data preparation, (4) data analysis and modeling, (5) evaluation/interpretation of results and presentation to business leaders, and (6) partnering with software development teams to deploy models/algorithms into production systems, when applicable
- Prepare the exploratory data analyses, proof-of-concept modeling, and business cases necessary to generate partner consensus and internal support for your projects
- Regularly communicate the vision and status of your data science projects, ensuring that accurate expectations are set and met across all levels of partners
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent experience
- 1 – 7+ yrs experience in a Data Science or other advanced data analytics role
- Shown success in using large amounts of data to solve analytical problems
- Strong English-speaking and writing skills required
- Familiarity with data analysis scripting languages, such as Python or R (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical data analysis and modeling
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, and data visualization
- Working knowledge of traditional data storage, relational databases, SQL, and ETL tools
- Exposure to technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL data stores
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of business, operational and technical partners
- Ability to communicate complex mathematical models and processes in straightforward, non-technical language
- Occasional travel is required.
- Graduate Degree in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent experience
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.