The Senior Marketing Director, Segment Marketing is responsible for the planning, development, and execution of S&P Global Market Intelligence’s marketing and advertising initiatives to drive brand engagement and product pipeline.
This role’s primary responsibility is to generate qualified leads that drive meaningful pipeline opportunities for all of our key segments.
The role ensures that marketing messages are distributed across channels and to targeted audiences to facilitate engagement and consideration for our brand and solutions.
This includes proactively identifying new marketing tactics to reach and capture new and existing clients within a broad spectrum of personas and geographies.
Oversee the day-to-day management of multiple teams of global marketers to create and execute an integrated marketing strategy to drive pipeline for, and usage of, S&P Global Market Intelligence’s platform, products, news, and data. Develops and owns marketing programs that engage audiences, best showcase our products and market relevance, and delivers on defined engagement and pipeline KPIs.
Partners with Commercial and Product leadership to define and prioritize internal and external go-to-market plans for key enhancements and new product launches. Proactively manages the development of creative, integrated marketing programs that set our solutions ahead of the competition. Regularly communicates priorities to ensure resource allocation, clarity and alignment.
Aligns marketing objectives to pipeline and effectively communicates relevance and KPIs to executive-level stakeholders. Consistently delivers on a defined MQL and SQL pipeline plan within budget and effectively communicates KPIs and progress to goals to executive stakeholders.
Demonstrates functional and domain experience across marketing, including direct marketing, SEO/SEM, content development, co-marketing, sales support, web marketing, events, etc. Proactively identifies new marketing tactics to capitalize on whitespace and greenfield opportunities.
Has deep knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape as well as a clear understanding of S&P Global’s businesses and products. Understands and anticipate clients’ needs in a way that informs messaging to gain competitive advantage.
Moves quickly to advance ideas to action. Manages to results by owning goals with the same urgency and commitment of a sales executive.
Participates on the marketing leadership team to collaborate with Strategic Events, Marketing Operations, Client Experience, and Sales Education teams.
Also participates on the Marketing Leadership Council, contributing best practices ideas for collaborating across S&P Global’s divisions.
Leads and inspires a global team to grow the division and product brand; facilitates the on-going education and career growth of team.
Has responsibility for developing budgets and forecasts, and managing to them.
- extensive experience leading a global marketing function within a B2B product/technology organization
- Demonstrated understanding of the global financial markets and end user personas covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence, as well as product and competitor positioning
- Willing to commit to a significant amount of travel to collaborate with teams, meet with clients, and host events
- Proven ability to lead teams to proactively develop and execute multiple marketing programs and buyer journeys simultaneously that consistently capture qualified leads for the sales team
- Deeply knowledgeable of the customer journey and how to execute a marketing strategy that guides a customer’s experience from initial interaction to purchase to upsell, across multiple offerings
- Strong analytical abilities and data-driven thinking; comfort with understanding/communicating marketing KPIs and metrics to executive stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team and management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills