As a QA Engineer II within S&P Global Ratings, you will play a key role in the on-going delivery of diverse and leading products that help our internal and external customers realize revenue integrity across the world. You will be responsible for design, development and execution of manual and automated testing of our desktop, database and web products using a variety of automation tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and create test scripts for both web and windows applications including scenarios for database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Would be working on diverse application set
- Would be required to work on different automation tools available based on need
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Degree in a computing related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience testing GUI applications, web services and/or web applications (Backend and frontend).
- More than 1 year of experience in working with automation tests using languages like VB script, C# and Java
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies preferable.
- Experience with testing tools such as HP ALM, UFT, Tricentis Tosca, Soap UI, Selenium a plus