The Role: Associate, Ratings Analytical (Financial Services Ratings (Banks))
The Location: Sydney/ Melbourne
The Team / The Business: You’ll be part of the Financial Services Ratings team in the Pacific.
The Impact: The analyst will be responsible for surveillance and publishing of our credit ratings on a variety of banks & non-banks credits in Australia and New Zealand, and their related debt and hybrid issues. The role requires the incumbent to analyze pertinent information and data necessary for rating determinations. The analyst will make recommendations to the rating committee, prepare material for ratings publication, and effectively communicate to clients S&P Global Ratings’ methodology and procedures that do not involve fee discussions, negotiations, or arrangements.
Working closely with a Lead Analyst, an analyst is also responsible for meeting with issuers and investors, brokers, regulators and industry bodies on analytical matters and will assist in undertaking industry analysis and publishing associated industry rating outlook and industry sector commentaries.
As a client facing analyst and someone who presents to a rating committee, you will need to be professional and polished, and have a keen eye for detail. Presentation and communication must be of the highest standard, in conjunction with your willing and flexible attitude.
What’s in it for you: This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and personable individual with strong analytical skills and a deep knowledge of financial markets.
- Analyzing pertinent information and data necessary for determining ratings on banks and their debt issues
- Making recommendations and presenting to rating committees
- Drafting press releases, company-specific reports, and industry commentaries in a fast-paced environment with publication deadlines
- Effectively communicating to clients Standard & Poor's methodology and procedures
- Continuous monitoring of operating performance of rated companies, including reviews of public filings and private information supplied by issuers, and participation in client meetings
- Meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters and assisting in resolving clients' analytical needs
- Contributing to S&P Global Ratings' global and regional analytical sectoral forums, and authoring related commentaries
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree, CFA charter holder or CPA is a plus
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in an analytical or research position
- Six to seven years of relevant experience in the financial services industry preferable, banking industry, regulatory or credit rating experience will be highly advantageous
- A good understanding of financial markets, business environments and relevant regulations – in particular, on the banking or non-bank financial sector (finance companies, leasing companies, trust companies and other NBFI)
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to give effective verbal presentations to senior executives
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast pace environment
- Ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at writing analytical reports in English
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings