The Role: The position oversees all operations, work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders and ensure the timely and accurate processing of contracts post client acceptance of commercial proposal, as well as conduct in-depth client/market research to contribute valuably to our Client Account Plans.
Impact: Help Commercial Managers (CM) to drive closed contracts through the Sales, Order Administration (O/A) and Client Services (CS) departments in an accurate and timely manner within the forecast month.
The Career Opportunity: There are endless opportunities at Platts. From this role, you can move to other process specialist/analytical role in many different channels within the organization.
The Team / The Business: A successful candidate will be part of a global sales team.
Your Skills: Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong project management and time management skills. Highly analytical who can work in a fast paced team environment.
Our Hiring Manager says: This is a crucial role in our international growth, and I’m looking for someone who can hit the ground running and can work independently but still be a strong team player to the Strategic Account sales team. You’ve got to have great planning and multi-tasking skills, but I really need someone with great follow-through too. It’s a fast-paced, exciting opportunity.
Pre Bookings Support
- Maintain and monitor a list of renewal contracts. Keep track and generate status of contracts to expire 5 months in advance. Work with Sales to ensure contracts are being followed up by the respective Sales Rep.
- Work with Sales to ensure forecast and pipelines are updated accurately and timely in SFDC, especially for complicated forecast with merger of multiple contracts and with different end dates.
- Proactively escalate to Manager immediately if there are discrepancies or impediment to meeting the forecasted revenue within forecasted month.
Communicate and work with Sales to map out action plan for each contract
- Monitoring of all fulfillment extension requests
- When required, generate required contractual documents (SA, MSA, Affiliates Rider etc.) ensuring compliance with Platts pricing and legal rules and sends to CM to engage the client for signature
- Submit SR for Trials
- Monitor expiration dates of trials and remind Sales to follow up in advance of expiry
Engagements with stakeholders
- In anticipation of any potential bookings issues, reduce overall bookings turnaround time by proactively engage and collaborate with relevant stakeholders ahead of time.
Post Bookings Support
In collaboration with Global Sales Ops team, ensure accuracy on Month-To-Date (MTD) and Commission reports and reconcile on any discrepancies. Post Sales Implementation
- Support Sales on large deals
- Generate various reports to support Sales in negotiations
- Prepare contractual paperwork
- Send for final approval before sending out to clients
- After contract is executed, engage OA for contract review and carry out any remedial actions needed
- Creates and processes contracts for account setup in billing system and resolves any order administration issues to ensure timely and accurate processing within the Oracle month being forecasted for
- Track contracts in Oracle to ensure services are active (process it, liaise with OA, Sales Analyst, Legal, Channels, rep if needed) etc. within the month that the contracts are forecasted for
- Make sure invoice has been generated
- Engage collections if required
- Make sure that invoice is paid
- Fulfillment Management
- Arrange for onboarding training/implementation for new user (connect between Fulfillment & Client Services where appropriate)
- Process any qualified requests to change contract such as user details, bill-to/ship-to details etc.
Coordination with Collections
- Check status for any collections issues on file
- Monitor and flag out suspension list that affects our accounts
- Work with collections to ensure qualified exemptions are properly reflected
- Confirm invoice status
- Help to obtain the payments when collection team was unsuccessful
- Manage client’s payment system (Quadrem)
- Follow up with client on PO issuance and uploading in Quadrem
- Reconcile PO against invoice
- Upload invoices
- Monitor invoice acceptance and payment
Contract archiving process
- Obtaining countersignature on contracts from US office and send back to client
- File executed contracts on file
- Obtaining signed off of the compliance report from client by the given timeline
- Submit to Global Compliance team
Reporting, Administration and Others
- Provide accurate monthly forecasting and pipeline reports
- Provide weekly activities report Maintain EPM portfolio for analysis
- Provide ad hoc reports as and when required to aid Sales in negotiations
- Support new CRM/system rollout.
- Drive new system adoption.
- Act as subject matter expert.
- Training and support for new hires.
- Provide operational related trainings.
- Organize cross-functional trainings.
- Provide support to new hires to bring them up to speed.
- Frontline support when Sales/VP is out of the office/overwhelmed with work
- Be able to serve clients and provide with basic information
- Maintaining CRM: Merging accounts, adding missing information, new users as contracts, etc.
- Research for Account Planning and intelligence
- Research market/customer related news
- Aid VP with daily admin and commercial activities
- Work in conjunction with VP to generate internal and external documentation related to commercial team activities
- Other activities as required by VP
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a sales support cum analyst role that is both meticulous and precise. Expert understanding of internal processes specifically renewal, CRM, billing, contract processing and fulfillment.
- Excellent organization and communication skills both written and verbal. Must utilize strong phone, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment to engage effectively with clients and other functions.
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative to resolve tasks with a can do attitude and have a business cum financial analytical mindset.
- Highly proficient in systems (Oracle, Siebel CRM, Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. With strong time management skill, process and results oriented.
- Experience in developing moderate to complex business reports (manage, analyze and integrate data from multiple sources and in multiple formats with the end goal of creating useful business reports).
- Needs to know how to read a contract and know where the contract is in terms of status (keeps records and provides sales team with a file of contract statuses regularly).