The Role: Senior Manager Software Development
The Location: Ahmedabad, India
The Team: This would be a position who would be working on financial content scrum team and managing people.
The Impact: For the end state for fundamentals we would need developers who would be working on creating extraction as a platform and would be working closely to complete the end state of fundamental required for MI.
What’s in it for you:
• Working for next generation entry platforms
• Being part of creating extraction as a platform for different content sets across the content organization.
• Lead a team that designs, implements and supports critical product solutions at S&P Global Market Intelligence. These teams work across different locations across borders.
Designs, develops, analyses, debugs and maintains S&P Global’s software applications and technologies to meet user requirements. Develops, modifies and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized. Participates in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as appropriate.
What We’re Looking For:
• Build and maintain a high-performance engineering team, guiding decisions, provide training and career counseling, and mentoring for peak performance of the team.
• Develop team-level leaders, define clear roles and assign areas of ownership, ensure clear priorities and high standards of accountability, and maximize cross-organizational alignment.
• Assign people to projects and monitor work progress against estimates
• Be the escalation point for resolving exceptions and clearing roadblocks.
• Determining how bugs should be resolved and which parts of the system should be rewritten if any.
• Own the integrity of solutions, ensuring best practices are followed, not just in technical design and implementation, but in the quality of the code.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in programming capacity or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years managing teams focusing on complex projects
• 5+ years of experience in design/managing and maintaining complex projects.
• Experience should include working with C, C++ or C#; Databases and SQL
• WPF, WCF, SPA, Unity, Dependency Injection
• Extensive technical training in new and emerging development technologies and design patterns.
• Extensive experience working in all phases of development cycle and within a team environment.
• Docker, .Net Core, MVC 6.0, Microservices, ETL, Real Time messaging Platform like Kafka, Sonic etc.
• Knowledge of NLP, Machine learning, Data Mining techniques
• TDD(Test Driven Development)