The Role: You are responsible for promoting and consultatively selling a specialized software solution to current and prospective customers. You will identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy collaboratively with sales members, client services, product management, operations, technology, and legal to optimize product and service delivery.
Read more about this special product as well as some Customer Experiences Here: https://marketintelligence.spglobal.com/client-solutions/products/products/snl-banker
The Location: Charlottesville, VA; Richmond, VA & Washington, DC
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth. In doing so you will help prospective clients identify needs while providing solutions utilizing our products and tools.
The Team / The Business: We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization. We reward hard work, dedication, and self-starters. We believe that no one part is more valuable than the sum of the whole; we need everyone to achieve our goals. You will be paired into teams alongside one or more Senior Sales Executives to mentor their growth and accelerate their onboarding and sales success.
What's in it for You?: As a key player within the sales team, you will have the opportunity to work with financial institutions across the U.S. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as contribute to the growth of the business.
- Achieving sales targets by generating new business opportunities in large U.S.-based territory
- Promoting and selling a portfolio of products to current and target prospective financial institutions. Developing and consultatively selling product/service solutions and cultivates referrals.
- Focusing on managing and selling to financial institutions over $1b in assets. Establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations.
- Coordinating and providing sales demonstrations, both online and on-site, necessitating sales travel.
- Negotiating contract terms and pricing
- Securing the executed contract and coordinating the transition of new clients to the Relationship Management group.
- Communicates regularly with team members, senior sales management, and business units regarding client activity, results, competitive information, and market trends.
- Maintaining focused approach to daily sales activity, pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Developing industry specific knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
- Engaging in team selling to accounts in conjunction with Sales Executives in other industries or Relationship Managers in existing accounts.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 Plus years of Outside Sales Experience
- Experience working with Corporations and Professional Services organizations in a client service, sales and product support role/setting.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, and confident in delivering demonstrations.
- Understanding and application of a diagnostic sales process
- Experience managing a sales territory
- Experience in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model
- Interest in solving problems for clients through the delivery of financial market data solutions and analytical tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and Salesforce.com.
We are a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.