S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Business Analyst II
The Location: Gurgaon, India
The BA/PM (Business Analysis and Project Management) team is responsible for gathering, understanding and analyzing the business requirements and designing solutions.
The solutions include aspects related to overall architecture, user interfaces, database models, functional /non-functional features, scalability, maintenance and quality.
The BA/PMs are also responsible for coordinating the efforts of the team and the stakeholders in order to deliver the solutions on time. They play key roles in Agile teams and they own the project management tasks.
As a member of the BA/PM team, you will influence how well we meet our business needs and how efficient and effective our solutions are. You will become part of our scrum teams driving our technology solutions powering our data collection, workflows and delivery processes.
What’s in it for you:
- Become part of a fortune 500 company.
- Work with the global leader in financial information and analytics.
- Improve your knowledge and skills sets by working on enterprise level applications, products and technologies.
- Enhance your talent as a Business Analyst in a challenging, global, collaborative working environment.
- Understand business needs
- Analyze business needs and design solutions in terms of overall architecture, data models, workflows, user interfaces, features & functionality and quality.
- Help deliver the solutions on time by coordinating with the Scrum team and the stakeholders.
- Managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Supporting and educating the Product Managers, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Help resolve issues related to maintenance and support.
- Play an active role in and own the Project Management tasks as required.
- Bachelor's /Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent program.
- 3 + years of relevant experience.
Required Personal and Technical skills
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong analytical skills – good with breaking down complex business problems into smaller actionable items.
- An outgoing, result oriented, positive personality
- An understanding of SDLC, general programming and database concepts
- Experience in client collaboration, team coordination and project management
- Exposure to Agile framework
- Good knowledge office productivity tools
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.