The Role: Assistant Market Manager – Equity Markets – Beijing
The Location: Beijing, China
The Team: The IMPG team is responsible for the maintenance and calculation of S&P Dow Jones Indices.
Research and Analysis on Market Driven Events
- Research, input, interpret and verify corporate actions and ensure they are correctly applied in S&P Dow Jones Indices’ proprietary index calculation system.
- Consult a variety of sources including but not limited to: Reuters, IDC, S&P Capital IQ, Factset, Company IR websites, Stock Exchanges, etc.
- These actions must be completed before market close and forward looking in advance of one week where data changes on a daily basis.
Price Validation and Verifications
- Perform price validations and regular share/float updates.
- Responsibility at local market close for validation of system captured prices. Review captured prices against multiple sources and research and make decision on differences under restrictive timeline.
- Responsible for verifying correctness for hundreds of securities across multiple markets and exchanges. Must complete work and convey completed tasks to Index Manager so that the Index Manager can validate index values. Must be efficient and customer focused so both processes may be completed in one hour or less.
- Proactively communicate any major issues to the rest of the Team, Senior Market Managers or Team Lead.
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required to communicate index changing events.
What we’re looking for:
- Second language, although not essential, will be an advantage as it will allow for more effective client or exchange communication
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree in business, maths, economics, or finance considered an advantage.
- Work experience in an index calculation environment and understanding of index methodology would be desirable. Knowledge of corporate actions and the regional market is essential.
- Good analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and / or groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office desirable. Advanced Excel skills helpful. Ability to demonstrate use of Excel functionality such as v look-up, pivot tables, and conditional “if” statements frequently used to build portfolio models considered an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and correcting data errors.