The Role: S&P Global Platts are seeking an intern that will be involved in supporting the Learning & Development function of the Content Group . The successful candidate would help produce learning materials to support over 600 staff globally in reporting, editing and other content creation roles covering oil, natural gas, power, petrochemicals, shipping, metals, and agriculture. The intern will gain exposure to a wide range of learning and development activities including design, scheduling and delivery of learning offerings, E-Learning design, and management and maintenance of a Learning Management System. Interns will be heavily involved in project based work supporting the business with its key initiatives.
• Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
• Work with a dynamic and engaging business to help design and deliver the learning tools and activities that support a rapidly changing environment as the way that S&P Global. Platts produces and delivers content to its customers evolves
• Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
• Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
• We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you support and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
What’s in it for you:
• 10-week internship commencing in early July 2018
• Training – including in Learning Design, Articulate Storyline (for E-learning) and coaching skills
• Opportunity to work with content creators across different digital formats, including audio-visual.
• Learn how to partner with multiple stakeholders to deliver relevant and engaging learning content.
• Be part of a truly global team: helping to meet the learning needs of staff across the globe.
• Opportunity for hands-on experience delivering classroom training sessions to different audiences
• Unlimited access to an extensive learning library via Lynda.com/Linkedin Learning to enhance your own learning.
The Team/The Business: You will be part of a global team in Platts Content Programs, which is part of the business but works closely with central HR and Talent Development teams.
• Help identify Learning Needs and shape solutions
• Design bespoke learning content, working with stakeholders and subject matter experts
• Develop E-learning courses using Articulate Storyline
• Manage, target and maintain learning offerings through a complex LMS
• Help deliver training to learners including on our graduate trainee program
• All experience welcome - Final year students, graduates or those with Master’s degree will be considered.
• All degrees welcome: concentration in Business/Human Resource related disciplines, Journalism or energy-related disciplines an advantage
• A passion for learning
• Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
• Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
• Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients
• Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.