S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Data Quality Analyst
The Location: Hyderabad
Data Quality Measurement teams execute analyses and implement controls to ensure information quality for the associated client group. A key goal of this job family is to ensure that the data sets used by the user group is of high quality and considered to be sufficient, timely and reliable considering the standards that are set by the business or regulating entity/industry group, if applicable. The team consists of highly trained data quality professionals, who understand the business and who strive to deliver outstanding client experience, while helping to mitigate regulatory and legal risk exposure to the organization.
- Delivers against stakeholder objectives to achieve high data quality.
- Leverages knowledge of data development lifecycle, theories and work tools developed through past experience to effectively deliver assignments.
- Thorough knowledge of the business and the data quality objectives for his/her team.
- Applies best practice to identify, investigate and solve problems across the breadth of data domains.
What’s in it for you:
- Interacts with teams across the organisation
- Works with stakeholders across the breadth of data domains to understand processes and procedures and takes the lead to improve them whenever possible
- Communicates updates on data quality to stakeholders.
- Engages with stakeholders to define requirements for the measurement of data quality across the breadth of data within the organisation; provides regular updates against those requirements.
- As part of data-related projects engages with stakeholders to define data quality requirements; defines process to deliver data quality analyses against requirements; communicates conclusions of data quality analyses.
- Undertakes ownership for the on-going development of data quality metrics and audits.
- Communicates a holistic view of data quality to internal stakeholders across the organisation; raises issues and risks for review and remediation.
- Identifies material and persistent data quality issues through trends analysis and profiling of tracked issues; performs analysis and partners with stakeholders to drive remediation; brings up issues to senior management where remediation cannot be achieved.
- Performs data audits on new data vendors; delivers recommendations for acquisition; develops service level agreements.
- Supports testing of new technology; contributes to recommendations for onboarding.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 6+ years of experience in a data operations role, of which at least three years should be in data quality
- Proficient in reporting and data visualization tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, QlikView)
- Advanced technical skills (including Excel, SQL, data extraction tools)
- General understanding of Financial and Market data
- General understanding of data and data flows
- Understanding of data quality frameworks and practices
- Understanding of Lean Management principles
- Understanding of Master Data Management principles
- Proficient in working closely with large, global teams across different disciplines; ability to engage with business partners and third party vendors
- Ability to self-manage and to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to summarize findings into understandable updates for stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to leverage concepts and techniques to deliver effective solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to leverage problem solving capabilities to drive remediation across a breath of different scenarios
- General understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements.
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.