Manager: Head of Methodologies
Job Summary: The Financial Services Sector Head oversees the development and maintenance of methodologies for their sector. In addition to serving in a supervisory approval capacity for the work product of their group, the sector head manages a team of criteria and model specialists dedicated to their sector.
- Oversees the development of new and revised methodologies in their sector.
- Through the their team, maintains necessary subject matter expertise and skill sets required for the successful realization of group objectives.
- Knowledge of developing and approving credit criteria, underwriting standards, guidelines and protocols for the issuance of credit, including familiarity with methodologies and approaches used by credit rating agencies.
- Knowledge of how Quantitative Analytics contributes to the business
- Develop and sustain productive working relationships with internal stakeholders, including all Methodologies teams, RRR, Legal, Data and IT, Global Ratings Services Analytical practices, senior S&P Global Executive Committee members, etc.
- Highly credible to internal and external constituents.
- Excellent analytics and problem-solving skills; Resolves complex problems with strategic, innovative solutions.
- Communicate concisely and effectively to executive management and all levels of staff as well as external marketplace in a relevant and direct manner.
- Holds people accountable to high performance standards.
- Provides insights and feedback in real time to ensure productive interactions and outcomes.
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrix and global environment.
- Mentors and guides others to help them resolve difficult issues and problems.
- Anticipates problems and leads change process.
- Coordinates with colleagues to ensure smooth and efficient work processes/procedures.
- Shares information, skills, knowledge and expertise as appropriate and works in a collaborative manner
- High level of integrity and business ethics.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Economics, Mathematics, Economics, or related equivalent discipline.
- 12+ years in financial services.