Lead Architect, Technology Enablement will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and piloting new technologies, as well as driving technologies that increase end user productivity across S&P Global. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, mobile applications, systems-integrations, automation, and machine learning. The incumbent will report to the Senior Director, Technology Enablement and will be a key driver in modernizing and innovating end-user experience across the enterprise.
• This role will include both off-the-shelf technologies as well as developing in-house applications and integrations that include mobile apps, automated processes, and bots
• Meet with key business stakeholders for discussions regarding challenges and pain points for the purposes of designing technical solutions that meet their requirements and use cases.
• Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed via the technical and functional requirements
• Collaborate with the business along with a team of developers, business analysts, and QA analysts
• Partner with the application and infrastructure teams to design technical solutions
• Evaluate vendor technology solutions for integration and adoption within the organization
• Review current architecture and applications for areas of opportunity for improvement or efficiency.
• Write technical / functional requirements for internal development team and managed service providers; facilitate the build and delivery of solutions
• Contribute to the development of custom bots and automation using technologies such as Node.js and AWS
• Provide architectural leadership on the API layer for mobile applications
• Troubleshoot issues throughout the custom technology stack
• Success will be measured by well-defined metrics, such as customer satisfaction, new tool adoption, and increases in productivity
• Design, drive and participate in technology-based solutions that improve the S&P end-user experience in measurable ways
• Lead the architecture and development of application/integration initiatives in response to strategic business and IT requirements
• Work collaboratively with other platform leads, key stakeholders, and strategic vendors
• Evaluate technology and vendor strategies to meet future needs in the organization
• Shepherd and participate in the formalization of the development competency within Workplace Services
• Participate in the establishment of a governance and process structure for the development group within Workplace Services
• 10+ years of relevant experience in application architecture, development and delivery
• Experience driving and integrating new technologies (e.g., mobile applications, NoSQL, Continuous Integration, Server-less architectures, APIs, containerized solutions, etc.)
• Experience providing functional and technical specifications and development oversight
• Experience developing software in multiple languages (e.g., C#, Java, Python, Node.js, etc.)
• Experience with cloud architectures (preferably AWS)
• Excellent knowledge of software and application design/architecture (e.g., design patterns, dependency injection, DevOps principals, elasticity, asynchronous programming, etc.)
• Understanding of software quality assurance principles – including automation (Selenium)
• Demonstrable exposure to continuous integration practices (Jenkins, CodePipeline, Maven or Gradle)
• A demonstrated record of teamwork and collaboration using modern software development management methodologies (e.g., Scrum, KanBan)
• Execution orientation with strong track record of achieving measurable results
• A Bachelor’s in Information Technology or other relevant degree
• Experience in mobile application development and management is a plus
• Prior customer-facing responsibilities is a plus
• Experience working within or on behalf of a regulated environment (Financial Services or Healthcare) is a plus
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.