The Role: An Associate for Investment Management Product Operations understands the daily workflow of investment management clients and helps utilize S&P Global Market Intelligence products more effectively and efficiently. Each member of the team wears many hats. You will directly contribute to the department’s goals of improving client support interactions, testing new product enhancements, and increasing client usage on our platform.
The Location: New York City, New York; Centennial, Colorado; Ahmedabad, India.
The Team: The Product Operations team is responsible for providing client support on our business intelligence tools by holding investigative conversations with clients & driving product usage. This team has a presence across the globe. Members of the team get to learn in-depth the S&P Global Market Intelligence product suite for investment managers, produce news pieces and develop technical skills. You will also work with different teams inside the organization across many functional areas (Sales, Technology, Product Management, Content & Industry Research, etc).
The Impact: As the face of the organization, your typical day requires you to answer client queries while showcasing your vast knowledge of investment management tools, data and the industries we cover. You will also be expected to server as an investment management subject matter expert for the newer analysts supporting the broader S&P Capital IQ platform. Additionally, you’ll help to accelerate the quality and timeliness of the data, improve operational efficiency to reduce error rates, and improve support survey scores to help improve retention rates and drive revenue increases.
What’s in it for you:
- Sharpen your professional and social skills while interacting with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Develop your product knowledge by working with our expansive investment management client base.
- Learn technical expertise like User Acceptance Testing (UAT), MS Excel, and SQL.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point for client support inquiries related to advanced Investment Management capabilities on the S&P Capital IQ platform. This includes Screening, Portfolio Analytics, Alpha Factor Libraries, Kensho, to name a few.
- Be part of a company that is a results-focused meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability. We seek to identify and reward extraordinary performance with growth opportunities.
- Provide client support via phone, email and chat
- Make suggestions in regards to product usability, presentation, and data quality
- Partner with product teams on timely and thorough testing of our products, with an eye toward the client experience
- Spend a significant portion of your day as a mentor and leader within our CIQ Client Support oriented teams to help newer Associates understand best practices and advanced concepts. The focus would include Investment Management capabilities, but also the broader S&P Capital IQ platform and the client support function itself.
- Be a client-facing interface with clients that have custom models, screens, portfolios, dashboards and other product views built for them by our India-based Screening & Platform and Modeling teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's/College degree in Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in finance or the global economy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- Team-player mentality with strong collaboration skills
- Flexible to changes in a rapidly evolving environment
Ready to work in night shift