The Role: Senior Payroll Specialist – APAC
The Location: Singapore
The Team: The team of three dedicated payroll professionals lead by a senior manager is responsible for the monthly and annual payroll operations supporting about 1,700 employees throughout APAC. Based in Singapore, they work with a third party payroll provider while focused on delivering an accurate and timely payroll every month.
What’s in it for you: An opportunity for professional growth by handling payrolls impacting all employees in the region. It’s a chance to work with payroll and HR teams to find and implement operational efficiencies. Be part of a team of professionals with the common goal to continuously improve the payroll operations.
- Supports processing and disbursement of payrolls on time with a high degree of accuracy
- Plan, coordinate and assist with payroll across all APAC countries and ensure that payroll cycles and deadlines at multiple locations are adhered to by all parties involved in the payroll cycle.
- Primary focus is on handling payrolls for about 600 employees in China, Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Responsible for thorough review and analysis, accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll in accordance with company policies and local regulatory standards, including liaising with payroll vendors where applicable.
- Responsible for accurate and timely filing and payment of statutory payroll withholding taxes to relevant government authorities.
- Tracks employee share schemes, stock option and share grants; ensure that employee income/gains from stock option and share grants are correctly computed and filed in accordance with local regulatory standards.
- Responsible for payroll related journal entries and accruals.
- Responsible for annual employee income tax filings
- Resolve escalations by providing root cause analysis and corrective action for complex or non-routine situations.
- Keep abreast with payroll regulatory changes in APAC countries, review and analyse tax and legal regulations (including complex issues such as stock based compensation),
- Identify issues/implications affecting company and employees, work with Corporate Legal, Tax, HR and 3rd party payroll vendors and ensure resolutions.
- Consistently review existing work practices and recommending areas for improvements including workflows, 3rd party payroll vendor competencies, analysis & planning, regulatory compliance etc.
- Assist in implementation of improvements/enhancements, including working independently with all stakeholders, and achieve high levels of efficiency, accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for both internal and external audits for payroll related accounts.
What we’re looking for:
- Diploma in Accountancy, Finance or related professional qualification with more than 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Prior regional payroll experience required with a preference of experience in a multi-national company
- Highly organized and capable of working under time constraints to meet tight deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, including use of pivot tables
- Ability to accurately manipulate and move data to and from a variety of sources across multiple platforms; ability to query, sort, merge, combine, and summarize
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.