The Role: Manager, Application Operations
The Location: Hyderabad
S&P Global’s new Global Talent Center will utilize a Build-Operate-Transfer model (BOT) partnering with an experienced vendor partner to create the new organization for S&P Global.
The Impact: Meet and exceed business objectives by delivering complex technology to IT and Data partners as services. Communicate vision, objectives, and challenges with on-site team. Work effectively with various global stockholders.
What’s in it for you:
Deliver technical leadership by providing thought leadership, problem solving, collaboration and mentoring. Lead by example and work hands on with on-site and global teams to innovate, create solutions and resolve issues.
- As part of global team of engineers, deliver innovative and continuous highly reliable technology services.
- Strong focus towards developing shared integration services with automation and cloud enablement.
- Become an integral part of a high performing global network of engineers working from India, Denver, New York, London, and Singapore to help advance our technology.
- Involvement in Architecture and Development design reviews for new implementation and integration projects.
- Troubleshoot application related issues and work with infrastructure team to triage Major Incidents.
- Experience in analyzing/researching solutions and developing/implementing recommendations accordingly.
- Work with business users to understand needs, issues, develop root cause analysis and work with the team for the development of solutions and enhancements.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 8+ years of total experience
- 2+ years of experience as a manager or team leader
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong Java knowledge including concurrency, JDBC, IO, exception handling, collections and annotations
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience with databases and SQLs
- Experience with application server and web server
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable applications
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proven working experience in Java development or support
- Linux environment and scripting
- Knowledge of REST API, JMS, ESB, IDM, DevOps (Artifactory , Jenkins), Agile, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle, Ansible, Python, design pattern or ORM technologies
- Hands on experience in AWS is a big plus
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in maintaining focus and driving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong background interfacing with multiple groups; ability to coordinate effectively, multi-task and manage pressure.
- Proven ability to work using different styles as needed to accommodate the situations encountered.
- Experience in assessing change impacts and the development of task estimates.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility to work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week including occasional weekend work.
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.