Responsible for seeking and building high level relationships through driving net sales and growth for core, large and/or complex contracts. Delivers customer value by building a sound enterprise strategy and solution for a multi-million dollar bank of business.
- Meets and exceed revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process
- Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive bank of business growth
- Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations
- Negotiate and implement enterprise licenses capturing all usage that align to customer business requirements while ensuring full attention to retention of existing business
- Establish and maintain good rapport with senior contacts across key divisions and regions
- High level customer facing presentations and new product development discussions in regional languages
- Regular, structured and meaningful client interactions as part of the account planning including:
Meetings with high-level stakeholders Constant engagement with operations and procurement departments Facilitation of editorial/product/management engagements with key stakeholders
- Owns commercial strategy component of account plan to ultimately implement commercial agreements that enable Platts revenue growth, increase usage of Platts content and improve the relationship/partnership while providing greater value for our customers
- Develops comprehensive customer centric account sales strategy/ plan that considers the big picture
- Leverages the knowledge built on clients and input provided from relationship managers, business development analysts and key stakeholders from other functions
- Account plan established in collaboration with customer and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs and corporate strategy
- Regular updates of account plan
- Ensures plan content includes key metrics and milestones, short-medium-long term objectives, highlights goals achieved
- Leverage the synergies of the franchise to provide comprehensive, unique solution to our clients
- Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that are business impacting
- Accurate forecasting
- Regular and transparent plan updates
- Ensures all leads opportunities, activities, contacts, explicit needs, advances, streak analysis, buying cycle status are captured.
- Ensure all activities are captured in CRM system with help of BDA and administrator
- Collect and provide updates to senior management and diverse departments at Platts including product development and the general management team in order to improve our presence in the region.
- Facilitate the team’s understanding of internal procedures including:
Adhering to corporate operating principles Internal systems utilization Maximizing and leveraging of resources Cooperation with different internal departments Improvement of sales techniques and strategies
- Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, high integrity hunter adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
- Strong business acumen, sharp financial analytical mind
- Strategic planning and execution, able to execute against a well thought out and transparent plan
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
- Proven leadership in managing multi-national, global and/or strategic accounts, multi-cultural awareness.
- Proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations
- Ability to travel frequently, work long hours.
- Experience of successful sales experience managing major or complex accounts preferably in commodity or financial information provider. Experience in a strategic sales global role.