The Team: The selected candidate will be part of the S&P Global Technology’s Cloud strategy and architecture team and thereby provide subject matter expert for S&P Global multi Cloud environment (Private and Public) and effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve resiliency, operational efficiencies and cost savings.
The Impact: Candidate will be responsible for helping users define strategy, and architect and implement specific solutions as applications move to AWS & On-prem Cloud. In this role you will have responsibilities including architecting and optimizing Cloud infrastructure, standardizing technology stack for cloud (private) and drive implementation of Cloud first strategy and cloud adoption for business segments.
What’s in it for you: As the cloud Architect the candidate will be a part of the Enterprise Infrastructure Council and provide guidance to the council on strategy decisions made as the organization is going through a drive of cloud first adoption. If you are a Cloud guru and passionate about technology automation and Cloud adoption you will be a best fit for the position and as part of your role ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing business trust, ensuring alignment with strategic and division plans and enabling transparency into technology investments across the enterprise.
Responsibilities: As a Sr. Cloud Architect in the Cloud Strategy team, the following will be part of your responsibilities.
- Provide Head of Cloud Strategy advice and guidance related to all of our activities including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and projects, plans, and reviews.
- Drive definition and implementation of of Cloud Orchestration Platform
- Identify and Drive Automation use cases for Cloud adoption.
- Explore and recommend industry tools and products to build an effective a multi account AWS environment.
- Identify and implement container strategy and abstraction for hybrid clouds.
- Coordinate with segment architects to ensure new cloud services align to roadmaps and strategy for the organization’s information architecture
- Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
What We’re Looking For:
Basic Qualifications: The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology/information management, engineering or related field required
- Expert managing AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, ELB, VPC, Cloud trail, IAM, AWS Config, cloud watch, Lambda) via CLI and API within a multi account production environment. This is mandatory
- Hands on knowledge on one of the config management tools preferably chef or Ansible. This is mandatory.
- 5+ years’ experience working with virtualization: performance tuning, capacity management, design, administration, and configuration, preferably with VMWare, Openstack, or other industry-standard virtualization platforms
- 5+ years’ experience managing and supporting high availability systems
- Functional understanding of the Devops model.