S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: As a Senior Software Developer with the Content Systems Development team, you will be responsible for developing & providing backend support across a variety of products within the Market Intelligence platform. Together, you will build scalable and robust solutions using AGILE development methodologies with a focus on high availability to end users. You will be participating in the software development process (SDLC).
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: Do you love to collaborate & provide solutions? This team comes together across eight different locations every single day to craft enterprise grade applications that serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage. You will use a wide range of technologies and foster a collaborative environment with other internal teams.
The Impact: We focus primarily developing, enhancing and delivering required pieces of information & functionality to internal & external clients in all client facing applications. You will have a highly transparent role where even small changes have very wide impact.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities for innovation and learning new state of the art technologies
- To work in pure agile & scrum methodology
- Opportunity to work with a team responsible for the architecture, design and development of enterprise domain of our products.
- Deliver solutions within a multi-functional Agile team
- Develop expertise in our proprietary enterprise software products
- Set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to develop, support, and iteratively deploy real enterprise level software
- Achieve an understanding of customer environments and their use of the products
- Build solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements
- Apply software engineering practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery
What we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years of desktop application development experience with deep understanding of Design Patterns & Object oriented programming.
- Hands on development experience using C#, .Net 4.0/4.5, WPF Services, Asp.net, SQL server. Strong OOP and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) knowledge.
- Ability to resolve serious performance related issues through various techniques, including testing, debugging and profiling.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Possess a true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a client-focused self-starter.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.