The Role: S&P Dow Jones Indices (“S&P DJI”) is seeking a temporary Custom Client Services Representative for a maternity cover in our London office. The team, which is part of S&P DJI’s Custom Index Management & Production Group, strives to provide the highest level of support to S&P DJI’s custom index clients, with the ultimate goal of strengthening the organization’s relationship with existing custom clients by developing and executing proactive and ongoing support.
The ideal candidate will:
- Drive continuous service improvement with the goal of maintaining operational efficiencies while supporting the Custom Index Management Team and client retention through an enhanced client experience.
Customer Focus and Communication Responsibilities
- Answer inquiries from custom clients regarding data content, file distribution and index corporate actions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Compile data requests for and on behalf of white label clients.
- Proactively identify instances where a client call would add value and coordinate, as necessary, with internal stakeholders.
- For top clients, schedule periodic calls and outreach.
- Develop into a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on S&P DJI’s custom index products and services.
- Ensure clients are knowledgeable on the data services (file delivery, file format, SLAs) and resources (file specifications, platform user guides) available to them.
- Fulfill data access changes and redistribution requests on behalf of white label clients.
- Play a key role in the launch of new custom indices and provide onboarding services to new clients to explain S&P DJI services and resources.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to draft and disseminate white label client communications in line with compliance and standardization guidelines.
Custom Team Responsibilities
- Act as a primary point of contact for internal and external inquiries sent to the Custom Index Management & Production Team.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key members of other groups within S&P Dow Jones Indices. Work closely with other internal stakeholders (e.g.: Client Coverage, Product Management, Operations) to ensure clients are supported in a holistic manner. Proactively communicate any major issues to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure client communications and incidents are logged in Salesforce to be used in incident and inquiry trend analysis.
- Review incidents with Management and Index Managers to support the identification of opportunities for improvements in processes, services and support that will enhance the client experience.
- Ensure custom client data services are appropriately aligned with standard distribution channels and formats.
- Lead and coordinate efforts supporting team ad-hoc projects and company initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to streamline workflows and processes to improve operational efficiencies.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- An independent self-starter; ability to work individually and within a team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Requires knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and correcting data errors.
- Requires excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills in order to identify and propose solutions to a client’s root cause of complaint or question.
- Must be a resourceful individual, coordinating with SMEs in other departments in an independent manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate and translate complex concepts in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel is essential. Advanced Excel skills helpful. Must have the ability to demonstrate use of Excel functionality such as vlookup, pivot tables, and conditional “if” statements frequently used to build portfolio models.
- 2-5 years of experience working with indices or index related data. Experience in Financial Services and/or an index calculation environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance preferred.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.