The Role: Relationship Manager- Non-financial Corporates
Are you interested in getting into a position that is client facing, dynamic, and includes relationship building with key clients of the business?
As the key partner for our clients the Relationship Management team masters industry, product and financial knowledge to keep our clients within the Non-Financial Corporates segment. You will partner with our clients to learn about the challenges and opportunities they face, and will discuss how Market Intelligence solutions can enable them to achieve value through their partnership within the organization.
Location: Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA
The Impact: You will immerse yourself in an exciting and constantly-evolving client base. You will get to work with emerging and established clients, in the media, telecommunications, and technology industries. In doing so you will get to learn their business and help them understand how to get the most out of our products and tools.
What's in it for you: You will have the opportunity to travel to client sites and work with a diverse range of professionals across the sector. You will also be incentivized and responsible for identifying new sales opportunities and working with our Sales Executives.
The Team: We are composed of experienced professionals within the media and technology space. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization.
- You will lead an existing business base and manage existing accounts to grow and retain business and meet or exceed sales goals.
- You will conduct regular status and strategy meetings with management to understand products and services needs.
- You will identify upsell opportunities from existing clients and new sales leads for revenue generation to promote business growth.
- You will analyze clients' business needs and develops solutions and product improvements and new development opportunities to maintain and grow business.
- You will maintain awareness of market and industry trends to understand visionary environment. Participate in sales conferences and events.
- You will coach and mentor junior team members on internal systems and policies/procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of sales and marketing experience and broad industry knowledge.
- Ideally experience in a sales or a client facing role (inside sales, prospecting, sales support, customer support)
- Goal and action orientated, with ability to work towards revenue targets within a business development environment
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers etc
- Solid organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.