As a summer intern with Platts you will work in partnership with the Sales Operations team to support the Sales team by undertaking administrative job duties that help to leave the Sales team free to focus on the busy business of selling. Intern assignments can include preparation of contractual documentations and presentation, ensuring data quality by cleansing and customizing data in the CRM system, assist with contracts archiving process and help to generate reports to aid sales in negotiation. Successful candidate will also have a chance to learn the soft skills relating to sales negotiation and understand what goes on in a sales person’s mind from prospecting to a closure.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Liaise with cross functional teams such as Channel, Marketing, Products, Sales, Operations, Order Admin and Collections
- Perform SFDC entry (Accounts, Activities, Opportunities, Cases, etc)
- Frontline support - serve clients and provide with basic information when Sales is out of the office/overwhelmed with work
- Update Sales documentation
- Generate reports related to commercial team activities
- Assist with lead routing process
- Maintain Sales Shared drive / Sharepoint Site
- Assist with internal adoption of new CRM platform
- Helping the support team with ad hoc tasks
- Undergraduate student obtaining a Bachelor’s degree graduating in 2019
- All majors welcome; concentration in Financial/Business Journalism, Business, Marketing, or energy related disciplines preferred
- Fully matriculated students maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
- Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Chinese Language skill is a plus
About S&P Global Platts and S&P Global
S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmark and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Its division includes S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
- We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
- Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
- Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
- Be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.