S&P Global is seeking a Director of IT Procurement & Contract Management to report to the Senior Director of IT Procurement and Contract Management. The Contract Management role has primary operational responsibility for multiple vendor contracts (the Agreements) and monitors all provider deliverables and commitments. This role manages the end-to-end lifecycle process of the Agreements, from development through to execution and termination. The Contract Management role coordinates contract changes (including evaluation, negotiations, contract-management approval, physical update of contract, etc.), contract interpretations, and internal and external communication regarding the Agreement and the Provider relationship. A successful candidate will form the key interface between defined S&P Global functions and multiple Vendors, ensuring input (e.g. business and compliance requirements) and participation in decision making such as review and approval of deliverables or mitigating actions.
This role will be part of a dynamic team that manages all IT Business and Financial processes for the Digital Infrastructure organization.
- Create and execute category management plans
- Own and deliver Category Management efforts including, but not limited to, category planning, contract development and implementation, and vendor relationship improvement programs
- Lead major negotiations and large sourcing engagements including process activities such as e-sourcing, RFX, Project management, etc., as assigned
- Make recommendations and/or provide effective input to stakeholder financial goals and/or plans as it relates to assigned sourcing assignments
- Expert in acquisition of technology services – specifically professional services, software package implementation (mainly internal but some external as well) and technology infrastructure projects (e.g. security, cloud, etc.) with global technology
- Ability to articulate, influence and translate strategic imperatives from business strategies into best in class sourcing strategies and delivery
- Identify and champion cost and demand management opportunities to drive procurement value
- Develop on-going relationships with strategic vendors and functional/division Vendor Managers
- Excellent influencing skills and experience of managing multiple and diverse stakeholder groups in a major complex organization
- Achieve profit margin improvements for the business through proactive and creative IT procurement and sourcing approaches with the business, the global sourcing team, and the supply market
- Develop, manage, and measure key supplier relationships as assigned
- Ensure effective process and communication channels are in place to maximize the delivery and implementation of any sourcing activities
- Develop and maintain procedures, tools and templates for Contract Management processes
- Manage multiple, large vendor contracts, impacting multiple business lines across SPGI
- Facilitate timely problem resolution of contractual issues to minimize impact of service disruptions for S&P Global
- Answer contract questions and maintain an risks and issues log
- Interpret the contract and initiate resulting administrative tasks and updates
- Review and approve requests for contractual changes and deliverables for compliance with the Agreement
- Verify that processes are managed in accordance with the contractual documentation (i.e. the Service Management and Governance Manual)
- Manage overall compliance with contractual terms & conditions
- Develop a Deliverables & Obligations Tracker, establish a process for D&O tracking, assign D&O responsibilities and manage S&P Global and the Service Provider compliance on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and maintain the Service Provider and S&P Global’s compliance with contract terms and conditions, commitments and notifications
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle process of Contract Change from development through to execution, including obtaining the relevant stakeholder approvals
- Ensure that all terms and conditions of the agreement are satisfied, contractual constructs are fit for purpose and risks are mitigated
- Work with the Service Provider to progress the goals and objectives of the Agreement
- Provide a structured process, rules of engagement and end-to-end support for contractual issue/dispute resolution
- Guard the commercial relationship with the Provider, including integrity of the pricing schedules and mechanisms and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of law, business studies, IT or finance.
- Advanced degree strongly desired
- 7 – 10+ years’ work experience
- Proven contract management experience across multiple vendors, preferably with Managed Services Provider
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior management
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.