The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a subsidiary of S&P Global, is currently searching for a Relationship Manager to join the Corporates Team in Frankfurt. As the key partner for our clients, the Relationship Management team master industry, product and financial knowledge to keep clients informed. Relationship Managers work with their clients to learn about the challenges and opportunities they face, and discuss how Market Intelligence solutions can enable them to achieve value through their partnership within the organization.
The Impact: In this role you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the exciting and constantly-evolving financial industry and get the opportunity to work with clients within the Corporates segment in Continental Europe. In doing so you will get to learn their business and help them understand how to get the most out of our products and tools.
The Career Opportunity: You will have the opportunity to travel to client sites and work with a diverse range of professionals across the sector. In addition to liaising with end users and key stakeholders/business heads of the teams that utilize S&P products, you will also work with/negotiate with market data and procurement professionals within small, medium and large institutions. You will also be incentivized and responsible for identifying new sales opportunities and working with your Sales counterparts within the Financial Corporates segment. As a Relationship Manager you will be asked to collaborate and share best practices with your colleagues as well as assist with on-boarding/sharing your experience with new joiners to the team. This will provide an opportunity to gain valuable mentoring experience in a dynamic team environment.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced professionals within the Financial Services industry. The business has a hard-working and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
• Responsible for a book of business, leverages relationships with existing accounts to grow and retain business to meet or exceed revenue goals.
• Communicates with clients regarding significant issues and directs their resolution.
• Leverages client feedback to generate integrated client solutions and product enhancements to enhance revenue.
• Maintains relationships with clients to retain revenue (by ensuring a high level of client satisfaction) as well as provide proactive/reactive generation of sales leads and business development opportunities.
• Maintains awareness of market and industry trends, reviews all available collateral and develops an understanding of their competitive situation.
• Build strategic account plans for individual book of business to drive client adoption, tracking all client outreach activity in Salesforce to help promote transparency.
• Provides bi-weekly updates forecasting the health and growth of the accounts in the book of business.
• Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent work experience)
• Direct experience working in the financial industry in a client facing or analytical role (investment banking, equity research, commercial lending, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting preferred) or information services industry (same industry as S&P Global Market Intelligence)
•Fluent in English and German: additional European languages highly beneficial
• Established relationship building skills with a level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, negotiation and overcoming gatekeepers.
• Excellent time management/organization skills, as well as close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
• Strong ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner (both written and verbal) with solid presentation skills (face to face, large groups, remotely via web meetings, etc.)
• Self-motivated with an ability to work independently, as well as in a team-based environment
• Understanding of clients within the Financials Corporate space (Risk, M&A, Credit, Investment Banking, Investment Management, Investor Relations, etc.)
• Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
• Experience having used S&P Global or other data vendor services such as Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Fitch, Moody’s, etc. would be a plus
• Willingness for moderate travel within Continental Europe for client meetings
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.